Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that 2010 was going to be that last Wing assembled in the States, probably a good thing, my new Wing could have been assembled better by trained monkeys. COME ON AMERICA, SHOW SOME PRIDE IN YOUR WORK.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome Graves. So,what's the deal,stuff falling off or what? Maybe some of the workers figured they didn't have to care anymore since it was the end of the run?Please let us know what's up with your new Wing. Hope you have a good dealer who will get it right for you.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The Gold Wings are shipped from Ohio in a crate and the dealer puts some of it together. What parts are you having problems with?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to disassemble the trunk to fix the left helmet lock, the hold-down bolt was missing. Being that I didn’t exactly know how things came apart I removed the seat for a better view, and found wiring that wasn’t mounted, extra hardware floating around and cross threaded bolts. Not exactly what one would expect to see in a company’s flagship model. As for the dealer and trusting my vehicles to others, I’ve been a mechanic all of my life and haven’t met but just a few that I’d trust to work on my stuff.

The Gold Wings are shipped from Ohio in a crate and the dealer puts some of it together. What parts are you having problems with?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts