Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.. and dolls..
i got a 1985 apencade 1200 ltd edition... with radio/cassette. now this unit had in built intercom, but no wirring. however, ive manged to buy on ebay a junction box, with wiring, for headsets.
my question is, has anybody fitted one of these junction boxes.. ie do you have to get to the back on the main plug at the back of the radio(on the carriage)?
or is there a part on the loom that it plugs into?
hope i havnt bombarded you with too many questions... said smiling..
:)
look forward to your interesting reponses

Nobbygreen.. aka Neil UK

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Are you sure the wires are gone, all you need is that round plug that should be on the left side of the fairing and on the left side by the passenger seat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi joe. theres no wiring on my wing i know the ones you mean.. maybe they were took off at some stage, however, i have bought the juction box and wires for the radio.. i was just wondering where these plug into?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since its the same model as mine what is a good cheap set of intercom headsets that will plug into the 85 ltd???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been scouring forums and dealers, and the best ive come up with is starcom 1 head sets for goldwings..
they are around £30 per set. but be sure that you fit dynamic microphones as the condenser types will not work.:)

·
Registered
738 Posts
With the stock radio on my 85 Aspy the main radio harness ran down into the left fairing under the pocket.If you pull the pocket out you should see the Ant. lead.That harness with the ant. lead in it just goes to the radio.It should plug in right there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts