Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
We have a few, they tend to come in & out. Not a lot of action from AZ.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just spend the weekend in Phoenix. I played golf on Thursday and rode on Friday and Saturday. That is Definitely HD country. I probably saw over a thousand other bikes. There were probably less than a dozen Goldwings in that. Other than a few slant bikes and a couple dualsports, they were V-twins. I thought I'd see more GWs.

I was staying in Glendale. We rode to Greasewood Flats on Friday and Tortilla Flat on Saturday. Both were great rides.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Jehu, Tortilla Flat is a good ride. Did you take the ride all the way around to Globe?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cochise Winger in Sierra Vista. found this forum after finding others. Looking forward to Lake Havasu in late October...

Boodad

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi to all

New Goldwing owner here. I'm in the west valley in Avondale. Commute daily to Camelback and 24th Street.

Prior to the Goldwing, I still have and ride a 2009 Buell Ulysses. Two very different riding experiences but I love both bikes.

Still learning how to properly ride the GW but starting next will I'll most likely start taking her to work instead of the Buell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum and have only had my bike for about a year, finally had the local Honda dealership add a few basic items so I could do my Calif. trip with a little more comfort. After a four - day 1400 mile road trip I am on my way to dialing my bike in. Being down in Sierra Vista, Arizona there are quite a few point of interest in this area that I have on my list.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am new to this forum and have only had my bike for about a year, finally had the local Honda dealership add a few basic items so I could do my Calif. trip with a little more comfort. After a four - day 1400 mile road trip I am on my way to dialing my bike in. Being down in Sierra Vista, Arizona there are quite a few point of interest in this area that I have on my list.

I’m from Sierra Vista, too. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Hold the fort down fellas..........hope to be there in about 6-7 months.:daydreaming:

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Just be patient. The activity in the Phoenix will take a big jump when fossill92 and our favorite fossilette arrive.

Reactions: crownfire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey boodad...whenever you see that 1957 Studebaker plumbing truck, or the 1954 Chevy sedan delivery plumbing truck, by all means wave me down and introduce yourself!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not sure what all you Arizona Wing owners have ridden but would recommend riding Mount Graham outside Safford at Swift Trail Junction off US 191. I did it on my 2017 KTM 1290 SAR on my way down to Sierra Vista in late April before starting the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route adventure. If I remember correctly it is about 28 miles of quickly ascending, twisty pavement before it turns to dirt. Once you get to where the pavement ends you can practically see all the way across Arizona then you must turn around a go back down. Awesome ride that is considered one of Butler's "G1" roads.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Not sure what all you Arizona Wing owners have ridden but would recommend riding Mount Graham outside Safford at Swift Trail Junction off US 191. I did it on my 2017 KTM 1290 SAR on my way down to Sierra Vista in late April before starting the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route adventure. If I remember correctly it is about 28 miles of quickly ascending, twisty pavement before it turns to dirt. Once you get to where the pavement ends you can practically see all the way across Arizona then you must turn around a go back down. Awesome ride that is considered one of Butler's "G1" roads.
That does look like a great road, AZ 366, 22 miles;
https://goo.gl/maps/Um9tZsPf7T53feZe6

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello,

I'm in Phoenix. I usually ride up to Prescott on the 89 every weekend. I got my 2007 wing this past November. Going on my first real trip in about 3 weeks. Going to take a spin around Colorado. Hope to see some of you around.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey dezzertrider send me a personal message regarding your itinerary and maybe we can meet up for breakfast or lunch. I am located in Farmington, New Mexico.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello all …

Cochise County/Mountains here …

I am also a member of Post 24's ALR in Tombstone AZ and the VFW Post 9977 in Pearce AZ …

This is also my 3rd GW forum ...

Welcome! I’m the Chapter Director of the Cochise Wingers. We also have a member who also has a triked out white 2018 wing (Paul) who you might know already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.