Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Glad to see you got it out, Eric. I did not realize that Australia used the traffic cameras. After seeing too many lights run and people broad sided, I am not against those. However, I do agree about most of the rest.

Your Texas Partner

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Glad to see you got it out, Eric. I did not realize that Australia used the traffic cameras. After seeing too many lights run and people broad sided, I am not against those. However, I do agree about most of the rest.

Your Texas Partner
Well I agree with you on that one. The camera's at an intersection we call red light camera's, and that's the one you are talking about. They are good because it is not in anyone's best interest to have people going through a red light.
The fixed camera's I was refering to is a camera that is placed in an underpass on a down hill aproach. There has never been an accident there that I know of. But as car approach on the down grade of about 150 yards a fix camera is placed there to get anyone that goes 2 mph over.
We have so many speed changes in our cities it is hard to know what speed you should be doing. Our open roads can sometimes be a joke. Most of Victorian roads are 62 mph limit. Most of South Australian roads you can get to the dizzy speeds of 68 mph. And the lee way is 3 mph. The fine ( read tax ) is $312 for that. We have had a dangerous driving which ended up killing someone and what did he get, a $600 fine. ( He was only over the limit by 50 mph ) I have to stop my rant and start on my Politician. Who will be hearing from me tomorrow. Eric

·
Registered
320 Posts
When you are right, you are right

Well I agree with you on that one. The camera's at an intersection we call red light camera's, and that's the one you are talking about. They are good because it is not in anyone's best interest to have people going through a red light.
The fixed camera's I was refering to is a camera that is placed in an underpass on a down hill aproach. There has never been an accident there that I know of. But as car approach on the down grade of about 150 yards a fix camera is placed there to get anyone that goes 2 mph over.
We have so many speed changes in our cities it is hard to know what speed you should be doing. Our open roads can sometimes be a joke. Most of Victorian roads are 62 mph limit. Most of South Australian roads you can get to the dizzy speeds of 68 mph. And the lee way is 3 mph. The fine ( read tax ) is $312 for that. We have had a dangerous driving which ended up killing someone and what did he get, a $600 fine. ( He was only over the limit by 50 mph ) I have to stop my rant and start on my Politician. Who will be hearing from me tomorrow. Eric
Mis understood the first, even though I agreed with most of it. Now that you have explained a bit further, I wholeheartedly agree. In Texas the maine highways are usually 70mph and in West Texas (like your outback) they go to 80mph. Usually you can get away with 5 to 8 miles over. That is plenty fast for me on the motor, but cameras like you are talking about are nuts.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts