I do love that Sabre:D

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
It's here for you if you would like to test ride it. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,502 Posts
jaNICE, jaNICE forget about New Mexico this year. We're going to see Eric & Vanessa!!

Well it was nice thought while it lasted.:(

·
Premium Member
23,789 Posts
Here in South Australia we have the best roads. You will not find a dirt road over here. Come on would I pull your leg. Here is my proof. We have all these roads to play on and hardly anyone to share it with. Eric
That black tar media strip looks great. Leave it the Ozzies to avoid it if possible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Ok I will put a new tire on the back and have it ready, serviced and a tank full of gas. I know you are just joshin' but I am ready when you are. Eric

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Hijacking the thead a bit. But it is the tour Down Under this week and if there is any footage that you can see on TV. It will be from the area around her where I live. I don't think peddle power is very big in the States so I don't know if you will get any footage. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,502 Posts
We have this guy Lance ....something or other that has brought it to a following but most of us Yanks do love our internal combustion engines.

Hope to catch some of the event on the tube.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Roads here in SC are pretty good for the most part, some buckeling on the 2 lanes which can be interesting at times.

Not to long ago a friend was telling me that one of the reasons that the major highways and bridges are lacking in repair is that Congress had passed a law to put all of the monies collected from fuel tax into the "general fund"(same thing that happened to social security) so now it takes the DOT longer to get the monies for repairs if it hasn't been spend some where else already.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Gee, Eric. Those roads look like they cold be from around here, or just about any midwestern, or southern state. By the way, sent you a PM.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Gee, Eric. Those roads look like they cold be from around here, or just about any midwestern, or southern state. By the way, sent you a PM.
Remember Maestro, them Aussies drive on the wrong, em, left side of the road though:p Makes me wonder if the roads wear opposite to ours:confused:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Where were you in Texas? I live here, You are right....most roads are great in texas except for the interstates. However. The county roads are all taking a beating with the drought, they are heaving, splitting and moving. So it is really easy to catch a wheel. Be careful.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Florida Roads and a Question re:West Virginia

Florida has great, if boring, roads. The Florida Highway Patrol is a no nonsense organization and watch the highways for those who'll mess up your day. Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine...in Florida they're steep, very steep.

Okay, Question: Does West Virginia have any straight roads? I rode through the state last June and swear I didn't find any. :)

Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Florida has great, if boring, roads. The Florida Highway Patrol is a no nonsense organization and watch the highways for those who'll mess up your day. Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine...in Florida they're steep, very steep.

Okay, Question: Does West Virginia have any straight roads? I rode through the state last June and swear I didn't find any. :)

Ride Safe,
T-Rex
For how many miles does it have to be straight for you, I know of two that go about 2.5 miles straight and then hold on.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Roads in central California are in dire need of repair. Tax dollars don't seem to be reaching past the politician's pockets.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Our roads are great, it's the residents who are poor.
Your right about that to many aholes in one area for me. I moved out in 86.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Road construction has this great idea of following range and township road lines around here. Sometimes the only curves we get are the s bends approaching the intersection of a major highway from a secondary. They started putting those kind of approaches in so the Gropes wouldn't go brain dead and blow through the intersection into existing traffic. Good places to practice accelleration and cornering in conjunction with shifting gears if you're turning off the major onto the secondary though:cool::D

·
Registered
320 Posts
S E Texas roads

Road construction has this great idea of following range and township road lines around here. Sometimes the only curves we get are the s bends approaching the intersection of a major highway from a secondary. They started putting those kind of approaches in so the Gropes wouldn't go brain dead and blow through the intersection into existing traffic. Good places to practice accelleration and cornering in conjunction with shifting gears if you're turning off the major onto the secondary though:cool::D
Which explains why I have been satisfied with my trike. Still get to ride, Still get the open freedom, but the roads here are all straight and level. Have to travel 100 mi or more to get to some curvy roads, so the two wheel "leaning into curves" is not missed too much, as there are no curves. LOL

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Yes Eric has an axe to grind on road conditions. After seeing Frosty going down the road after hitting a bad peice of road. The roads that are dangerous, I advoid. That is ok for the locals who know that a road is bad. But spare a though for those that don't know. What gets under my skin is this insistence that is speed that kills. Now if you are in a 50 mph zone and you are doing 100 mph and get killed on the road. You were blatantly disregarding your own safey and the safety of other road users. But if you were doing 55 mph down the road in a 50 mph zone in light traffic on a fine day. I do not see that as dangerous.
Now lets look at some of the other factor of what can be dangerous to road users. If you have those wire rope barriers and you make contact with them. You will be in big trouble. If the road is in bad repair and you lose control. again you will be in big trouble. If you are travelling down the road and not driving to the conditions you could be in big trouble. Yet our government seem to have a one fix solution. Speed camera's. Be they be fix or a point to point or a hand held. By getting lot of $ and hitting law abiding poeple while going about their dayly lives is some how going to save lives. BULL and loads of BULL.
Why is it that narrow minded aproach in the western world and they are surpose to be the smart people that look after these dum subject of theirs. That is my rant for the day Eric

21 - 40 of 43 Posts