Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know...who out there in cyber space is still riding, especially if you are living in the New England region. This is the longest I've had my bike out. I'm living in the southern part of NH and I'm still commuting to Boston every day.

I have to admit here that it is getting a little trying, especially at midnight when I am riding back after working the 4pm-12pm shift. I'm thinking that I'll keep riding until the first snow flies. Then its back into the garage until Spring.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi commander, I am still riding daily to work and some rides on the weekends but I will say I have to bundle up. Until I see snow in my yard I will be on my baby!! I live in Burlington next to the airport here in Vermont!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i too am still riding to work and anywhere else i need to go

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I'm not ready to give up the ghost of riding yet. So while temps are getting cooler in the am, still nice riding during the day. Late November is usually the breaking point for me.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Enjoy it you guys while you can. Snow and ice on the roads here now.:( Hoping for a reprieve but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'll ride down to about 35°F (as long as it's not raining), until the first time they salt/sand the roads. Then I put 'er away until spring. They use a lot of salt here (mixed with sand), and I wiped out once on a tight curve when I hit a patch of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Weather report from south Alabama- warm. 84 degrees today but could reach 88 by Wednesday. Good thing too because I hardly rode at all this summer- too HOT!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still riding in central NY when it's not raining which it has been doing a fair amount. Last year the last day I rode was Thanksgiving. It would be great to make it that long this year.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Still riding here in Ontario Canada. It was a balmy 42 deg F here on Saturday...too good a day to pass up. Did about 50 miles before my face froze up (but I was still smiling :) )
Strat

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
If it ain't rainin' I'm ridin', I try to ride everyday..........The cold doesn't bother me but the snow will.......It probably won't be much longer.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went for a 3 hour ride today in CT, going to VT Wed with others... enjoy it while we can. I leave for Florida with bike for Winter on 11/24 so I get to ride all year...

·
Registered
44 Posts
C'mon down to Southeast Georgia.....it's going to be close to 90 today with just a few clouds!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Still riding in North, North East in Cape Breton, NS. Will ride until salt is on the road. One year I almost made it to Christmas when I was going to put on a Santa suit but it snowed on the 23rd. Maybe this year.

Dexter, Alabama is not the North East and you are just trying to make us jealous. Going to be 60 here tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, still riding to work in Central Pa. Taking the back roads and enjoying the fall beauty that our Maker always provides this time of year.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I took a nice ride today, about 100mi.,,,,,,68 degrees, can't beat that in late Oct. It's supposed to rain tomorrow (Wed) but I'm hoping to head for VT on Thursday.......

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We had a nice day, today, in the mid-seventies. I at least got to run my errands around town before heading out on the 45 mile commute. Tonight is also warm! Makes for great riding.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Keep your fingers crossed Commander, maybe we'll get a few more weeks....:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts