Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any socks that will make my feet more comfortable on warm days with waterproof boots?

When I bought my boots last year the most comfortable pair I tried on happened to be a waterproof pair from Alpinestar - that's what I bought. I normally don't have them on for too many hours, but with some extending riding coming up I was wondering if any types of socks would be better than others. My guess is that since the boots don't breathe, socks won't really matter - my feet are going to sweat no matter what, but thought I'd ask you tour-experienced folks just in case since new boots aren't in the budget just now.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kerry,
While I don't have their socks, I have the complete underwear system from LDComfort. This stuff really works, even here in the Southwest where temperatures easily top 100 degrees. Here's the link, if you want to check them out.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/drymaxsock.htm
I was afraid someone would recommend them! I just placed an order for some underwear, and was so focused on underwear it never crossed my mind to add a pair of socks. Doh!!

Hi from santa gord
i use tilley socks. They may not help with swettng but they wash up easy and are dry by morning when touring.
I take only tow pair and that,s it.
There underware are just as good
hmmm, I didn't even know that Tilley made socks. I finally bought one of their hats about 5 years ago and it's great. Saw some other clothing that I liked but never got back. Might be time for a visit.

I've seen a few ads for these moisture wicking types of socks, but I'm really wondering if they'll actually feel any better inside waterproof boots that don't let the moisture escape?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.