Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teresa and I went for a ride on OR Hwy138, this route is out of Roseburg, Oregon going East toward Diamond Lake in the high Cascades. It was really sad to see what the Archie Creek Fire did to the North Umpqua area, a once beautiful ride is now about 30 miles of burnt out trees and homes. The ride was nice though, we went up to Roseburg and East on Hwy 138 to OR 230 down into Union Creek. We stopped at Becky's cafe in Union Creek and had a bite to eat, then back to Medford on OR 62. The trip took us about 5 hours with all the stop and go traffic in and around the Archie Creek burn area.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Any idea how it started? Down in California it seems neglected power lines or homeless people start some of the fires. The Grizzly Creek fire in Colorado in August was probably started by a motorist tossing a cigarette butt out the window, the price we collectively pay for cars and vehicles not having ash trays anymore, although a responsible smoker would have rigged up something. These fires seem to be coming at this time with the intersection of a very dry summer, poor forest management, and irresponsible behavior by individuals.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how it started? Down in California it seems neglected power lines or homeless people start some of the fires. The Grizzly Creek fire in Colorado in August was probably started by a motorist tossing a cigarette butt out the window, the price we collectively pay for cars and vehicles not having ash trays anymore, although a responsible smoker would have rigged up something. These fires seem to be coming at this time with the intersection of a very dry summer, poor forest management, and irresponsible behavior by individuals.
They think the fire started due to power lines.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
" Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire................." ~ Robert Frost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts