Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife made me go for a ride this weekend. There was still some unused tread on the tires i guess. I now have a slick on the rear.
750+ miles from sat 2 pm till getting home today at about 6pm.
Saw some of the most amazing nature in the past 2 days. A cougar ran across the road, and no i didn't get her number. But the most amazing thing i saw today, A bald eagle between mass city and baraga taking off from the ditch and flying with my brother, myself and a friend for about 100 to 200 ft no more than 15 ft off the ground, the turning left and up over me into the trees. it made my hair stand and adrenaline pump. it was like watching a 747 trying to take off.

The trees will be turning soon for those looking to head up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Now I am really jeouleus...That looks like a great ride...consider it is in my back yard....

Safe Ride....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the way home I was going to come thru Ontonagon to appleton thru Antigo but my tire was going away fast. So I took the for sure easy way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Awesome ride! Went through there when I was a kid, now gonna have to copy you on my wing. I love it when my wife makes me go for a ride. It tells me I have the right wife!

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I went to college at MTU in Houghton, where I got my first bike. A 650 BSA is great for copper country cruising. A beautiful area that I also recommend for anyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to college at MTU in Houghton, where I got my first bike. A 650 BSA is great for copper country cruising. A beautiful area that I also recommend for anyone.
So did my brother, He ended up getting his Masters at Utah State and his 1st job was Back there at MTU teaching for several Years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for those looking at this, just a little info. The road runs out of black top at point F Tires were so bad that i didn't want to try and see if the pavement came back, so i turned around.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Went up through MI last year over Labor day, Started south of Cleveland, ran up the east coast to Pawpaw, headed west through Houghton to Ludington and back toward home. 997 miles in two and a half days. Wish we had more time to head further up. Went fishing in Baldwin a few weeks later and I too ran across a cougar about a half mile from the Manistee National Forest campground. We stared each other down through the window of my truck, with me regretting that I had left my cell phone in the back of the truck not being able to get a picture!

·
Registered
217 Posts
You must have taken the advanced riders course...during the entire course the instructor said..."Keep your head up..." I thaught he mented out straight and not at the stars....:p

Safe Ride

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We weren't riding, we were done for the day, outside the bar waiting to start playing music with Mojo Perry Band.

I have never taken a riding course. I started riding in 1991 on an RD350. In 93 i moved up into a RZ350. 1995 started Dragracing a Kaw H2 750, Running mid 9's at 130. had a handfull of sport bikes and a monster of a GS1150. 870 at 152.

I enjoy road riding with friends and most of all my wife, that is why I am no longer racing.
So I have learned to look straight as well as around while riding.

·
Registered
217 Posts
What...! No Wheelies with the GW....:eek:

What year is the bike (GW)....?

Since you live in WI we will have to hook up some time and take a ride...(I ride a GW2010).

Safe Ride...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts