Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Please, don't tell Lee he's too old for this or he'll do it within week.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
sixty gallons in a trailer? People say my 3.5 is too much...not to worry gentleman. After this summer I can pull into a gas station, pump my gas and log the information and be back on the road in five minutes. That makes no sense to me what so ever. That much gas on a trailer if he got pulled over he would have some explaining to do.... DOT would never approve of a set up like that.

·
Banned
466 Posts
I somehow doubt DOT has inspected many of the tanks I see at Rally's. I know it has not inspected mine. He did get pulled over because his lights failed, no fuel issues. Cop let him off with a warning according to the story-line. I am impressed. I could not do it.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Anyone want to try this ride?

NOPE...

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
John most police if they knew he had sixty gallons would have not let him ride off. That is extremely dangerous especially on a bike. Very unstable and the shear weight of the fuel is ridiculous. This guy is very foolish most serious bikers would not endanger themselves and others by doing this.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
I can promise you, being known as bentwing02 because I was rearended hard enough to bend the frame and forks and break my hip, I will never put even a tenth of that much volitility between me and the front bumper behind me.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I can promise you, being known as bentwing02 because I was rearended hard enough to bend the frame and forks and break my hip, I will never put even a tenth of that much volitility between me and the front bumper behind me.
I know you wouldn't because common sense dictates that you wouldn't . I have to stick to what i said earlier most serious bikers would not do that. He would also face a ticket if caught by a inquiring Police officer. That is just not legal for a motorcycle let alone a car..

:kaboom:

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
36 hours non stop. Where is Larry when we need him?
When I 1st read this that's exactly what I envisioned. Then I said to my self & in answering your question. Thank God he isn't here. Anyone like him that wishes to buck the system of our site is more than welcomed to join him.:donotfeedtroll:

Back on Topic:

Yeah even though the endurance is admirable, seems a little silly. Like swimming the English Channel

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
one gallon of gas weighs about 7.5lbs = about 450lbs of fuel in the trailer so with some hazmat and flamable placards on the trailer he might be legal :hmmm:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey doc how are you, have you or any of your mates been on the tail of the dragon ride as i saw it on you tube and blew me me away,
im listing all the great rides for the future.
thanks mario

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
Hey doc how are you, have you or any of your mates been on the tail of the dragon ride as i saw it on you tube and blew me me away,
im listing all the great rides for the future.
thanks mario
i think chopin, the ref, and a few others did the dragon ride but i've never done it

·
Registered
292 Posts
That is extremely dangerous especially on a bike. Very unstable and the shear weight of the fuel is ridiculous.
I think fuel is 6 lb./gallon, so he had 360 lb. of fuel behind him. I don't see a problem. i have towed FAR more than that without issue.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
I could not do it. I would not do it. And I am not interested in doing anymore than 600 mile day's. My GW tank is big enough to out last my tank.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
36 hours without stopping, at all?

Either there's a cork involved or his CB handle is "Sh:icon_smile_sad:tty Britches"!:GEEK:

Seriously, what is the point?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts