Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at putting a backoff taillight modulator on my wing. I have a Kisan 25LED on the trunk bar, but would feel better more of the back of the bike getting people's attention.

Anyone using one of these and if so how do you like it?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I put one on both of my bikes, and my son's. Personally, I believe they make a significant difference in grabbing attention. Seeing them in action on other bikes I was following is what convinced me.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I put one on both of my bikes, and my son's. Personally, I believe they make a significant difference in grabbing attention. Seeing them in action on other bikes I was following is what convinced me.
Exactly. Afterseeing one on DooKoo's Friend's Wing, I was sold. Now our entire riding group looks like a crazy flashing red parade!

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Got one on my 93, along with flashing LEDs along the bottom of the license plate. If I get hit from behind it was no accident, they were out to kill me.:eek::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok another question, is it legal to run the backoff wig wag in the USA? And the people that have replied do you have yours set up to keep flashing when stopped or just do the initial flash then go steady?

Now trying to decide on the. Backoff xp or the wigwag if its legal?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I have the backoff xp on both my wings. Yes it is legal to use these. Mine is setup to keep flashing a pattern after stopping. It has saved me at least once that I know of at a red light. And FYI I also have the headlight modulator which is legal also. This has also stopped cages from pulling out in front of me at times. I have also had older people pull over when I come up behind them with it on....lol.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Ok another question, is it legal to run the backoff wig wag in the USA? And the people that have replied do you have yours set up to keep flashing when stopped or just do the initial flash then go steady?

I would look up your state laws or just ask a local cop. In MA. you can only have one rear facing red light that can blink. No forward facing blinking lights. (this doesn't apply to amber color lights.)

I'm willing to bet you would never have a issue if it only blinks a few times then goes steady.

(source; I'm a EMT and friends with a few cops and have asked around about if it's legal or not)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts

I have mine set up to flash 4 times (or 5?) then stay steady. I had a look at it with it set up to keep flashing, but ended up going the way I did. I had no great rationalle for doing so, I just preferred this for some reason or other. If I'm stopped at a light with no one stopped behind, I often let off and reapply the brake anyway which gets it flashing again. Maybe I made the wrong decision? I dunno.

Kerry

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Well Kerry, it certainly showed up riding the Logan Pass this past summer! No mistake in my mind:D

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Mine is set to flash a 5/6 times then go steady. Thought about the continues flash, till I set behind one that flashed continuously at a red light, if it's a long light it can be pretty annoying.:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all ordering one today just can not decide if I want the. XP or the wig wag.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Got mine hooked up to the spoiler and the License plate trim. Left the running light out of it. Didn't want to confuse anybody about what I was doing.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Well Kerry, it certainly showed up riding the Logan Pass this past summer! No mistake in my mind:D
Good to know!

Mine is set to flash a 5/6 times then go steady. Thought about the continues flash, till I set behind one that flashed continuously at a red light, if it's a long light it can be pretty annoying.:eek:
Hey! If I have mine the same as Ron, I must've done it right!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.