Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and was hoping for a live update on ALCAN road conditions, any input will help. Thanks!

bob
GOD MADE NOTRE DAME #1, MIAMI made them #2!:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not Fairbanks. I did go to Scagway. Worth the trip, that's for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
good pavement all the way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will post a log

Ya thats a trip I would like to take 2011. Love to hear how it goes.
when i get ready to leave, route, potential stops and road conditions, its gonna be an adventure, heading to BUTT BUFFERS next week to have my seat worked, i have been told its way better than buying a new one and a ton cheaper to boot.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some friends and I are planning a trip for June of '10 also, maybe we will see you on the road. As of now, the plan is to have our group meet at the Grand Canyon and take two weeks to head back home in AK. We will probably be traveling the first two weeks of June.

I'd love to hear some of the planning details you are working up if you don't mind sharing. I've never done this long of a trip.

Also, I drove a car up the Alcan this May and only hit about 20 miles of gravel total. Other than some major frost heaves it was in really good shape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great

I am leaving pa in early june, so we may actually be on the road at the same time, I will post my rought plan online in a day or so when I have more time, great info on the alcan, that make me feel good about what kind of shape it is in,,,at least this season

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... They Have To Make Repairs To The Alcan 'every Year' So Be Ready For The Dust ... Remember That It Adds To The Adventure ... Also The Mosquitos Have Been Known To Snatch Passengers Right Off The Bike ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snatched

I have been SNATCHED from some pretty crazy places but only by skeeters with rotors on them, I have spent a few days in the Brooks range fishing and lost a couple of pints, at first it feels good, then bang you pass out,,,lol, can't wait to see these FROST heaves, they are legendary and I'm not really sure how big they are but slow sounds to be the call for the day when you meet them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts