Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Yesterday I left my office to head home and found a black plastic piece of something laying on the asphalt just under the left passenger floorboard of my new GL1800. I assume it came from the Wing as the plastic looks brand new and the bike only had 125 mi. on it and I didn't notice it when I parked that morning. I have attached in image in the hopes that someone will recognize it and give me a clue. Obviously I have searched the bike over and can't find where it might go.

TIA

Hopefully the file attachment works

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
That is the cover that covers either the clutch or brake perch mounts on the handle bars. It just pushes in the Allen bolts. Check the handlebars and you will see where it is missing from.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Absolutely right. The covers are very easily dislodged. I knocked one of just the other day when wiping my bike down with the chamois. I'm going to put a dab of silicone on each one so I don't loose them.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all.

How did we ever survive without access to the extensive pool knowledge available from forums such as these? I guess that's what the junk drawer was for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.