Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of buying a 47 chief to ride to rallys and around town as my second bike , does anyone have one of these?:)

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I Have A Local Friend That Has A Couple Indians ... He Just Set The Land Speed Record For Indians At Bonneville This Last Fall ... Is There Something Specific You Need ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering if people love em or hate em. I'm sure they would make a 1000 mi ride interesting .

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a friend that has a WWII indian completely stock that he rides in parades (also a harley)

·
Registered
172 Posts
While I've never owned a Vintage Indian I had the privalage to ride a friends 52 Cheif. With that big sprung saddle and todays better rodes a 1000 mile trip wouldn't be a problem. I had a a 48 WL 45 cubic inch Harley with a sprung seat and hardtail frame and it wasn't as smooth as the Indian and the only concern I had on long trips was keeping oil in it. But back then every brand of motorcycle leaked oil. I had a servicar transmission on my WL so I had reverse. That was years before the Goldwing even thought of it. It was tricky with the foot clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts