Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure determine whether the inside liner needs to come out to install it? The instructions don't say you need to, but I thought I read somewhere that you need to and can't find the reference. Thanks for any advice.

Cliff

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I have a Kuryakn rack on mine that was installed by the dealer. I believe you are right about the inside liner needing to be taken off to access the trunk lid.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have the kuryaken also and 2 bolts go thru the lid and liner and 2 bolts just go thru the lid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed my own and Yes you have to remove the lid liner. I also use some big fender washers to support the screws/bolts better so not to crack the trunk lid.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Although it's not in the instructions this way, I would mount all 4 through the outer and inner lids with rubber washers aand flat steel washers on both sides of the rubber washers to take up the space between the inner and outer lids. I would also use Star washers on the outside under the rack and large washers under the bolt heads inside.
Make absolutely sure the racks sets on all 4 legs and doesn't rock before you bolt it done or it will stress the lid.
Use blue loc-tite on the bolts and do not over torque them!
All this, and MAYBE you'll be one of the lucky ones that do not crack their lids.
My answer was: http://www.pakitrak.com/

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts