Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 1500SE:
For about a week, I'd start my bike and not have any display on my LCD screen, and the radio wouldn't work, I never actually turn it off. Then, while riding, the low fuel light would come on, just long enough to shut off again, as if I'd just started the bike, though the engine wouldn't even stumble. With the flash of the fuel light, the LCD and stereo would come to life! LCD/stereo would remain on until I'd shut off the bike. Then, recently, I hit a very minute bump and the LCD and stereo quit altoghether, haven't come back on since. I've checked the fuses, the wiring APPEARS to be in good shape. I'm really open to suggestions now, anyone else had this sorta thing happen??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found my stereo problem!!!

I hadn't realized it, but my stereo had NOT been getting full voltage through the wiring harness. On a whim, while I had the stereo OUT from the center console, and I had YET to find ANY faulty wires/fuses/etc... I decided to plug the unit in....for all I checked, the thing SHOULD work!!! And it DID! What I found was that the power wire's female terminal (in the plug) was quite loose. Must've been that way for awhile, too. I used a pick to slightly cave that terminal in, plugged the unit back in, and it came to life, LOUDER than I'd ever heard it!!
YIPPIE

·
Registered
2 Posts
speakers

I have a 2001 goldwing1800 , the speakers ack like there is lack of signal but the stereo indicator is on solid. has anyone experienced this? this only happens when the speakers are on, the head set doesnot have this problem, I do not know if there is a seprate amp for all the speakers are not,
dj

·
Administrator
26,182 Posts
First off, welcome to the site dj504. I'm not sure what is plagueing your speakers, unless the speakers have a separate audio mute control than the i/c does. Hopefully someone with a similar year system can help with advice.
Glad you got your LCD sorted Sempai. What's with your screen name? In my other life they call me "Sensei":D

·
Registered
2 Posts
speakers

it looks like the problem is in the amb on the stereo. when I turn it off it works ok. what is the A M B? I have not gotton my owners manual yet.

·
Administrator
26,182 Posts
AMB stands for 'ambience' control. Gives the music more of a 'live' performance effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts