Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I might catch some flak from those who are in the cooler climates but I still find it a bit warm behind the faring and the windshield on this Wing. Does anybody have a preference for a particular brand of air wing or air vent that can blow some air back up on the driver?

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Have them on my 1500. Most guys are using Bakers. Go to this link they make a variety of different ones for the 1800.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/333_goldwing_Air_Deflectors/des/?page=1

By the way they do work & are worth the investment, for us guys up North to keep the cold off but when it does get hot they work just as well to bring the air in. Pillions really like them as well.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Yes Sir. That little hole in the underside of the mirror housing is there to mount the " Hand Wings ". Rotate them open and and you'll get air flow proportional to your speed . The ones pictured here are the " Baker Hand Wings" from WingStuff . They are a must for us cold riders also.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Have them on my Wing and really like them. Keep the cold air off my hands in the fall and early spring.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
+1 on the baker wings

The bigger ones on the side turn air inbetween the fairing and your leg. Helps reduce heat a lot.

When I bought the bike it had a Tulsa (very tall) windshield. I put a standard on and the helmet turbulents for the passenger. The hand wings take the wind off your hands and almost eliminated the turbulents mentioned above.

Easy install, well made. Thought they were overpriced until I saw the effectiveness.
(Sadly they don't make them in chrome) :)

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Easy install, well made. Thought they were overprised until I was the effectiveness.
(Sadly they don't make them in chrome)
Yes they are effective L2C (you figure it out)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Yes they are effective L2C (you figure it out)

tough crowd- I could claim I was have asleeeeeep but somehow I think the more I tipe, the more trouble aisle get into. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have all the Baker Wind Wings on my Trike.
Mirrors, fairing and trike legs ( wider then the standard ones for two wheelers).
Those , along with my X-Tall Tulsa with vent, gives us a great ride.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do the wings work with the front nose mask?

Thne hand wings will work fine but do you know if the Air Wings will work with the Front nose mask? Does the mask interfere or prevent the air wings from being mounted properly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts