Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with the charging system on my LTD, and I found a part which I believe may be a part of the charging system, but cannot find any reference to it in the manuals. It is a black box, rubber mounted to the same bracket as the PLR/PBL sensors. It has 3 wires coming out of it, black, green, and red/white, and going to a white plastic connector to the lower left. Anybody know what this part is, and what it does?

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Hi Bob, Since you didn't specify which year your LTD was, I can only offer this website. Go on select the year & model, then the appropriate breakdown & you should be able to find the part with a description.

If you get a chance & want to fill out your profile further, post some pics of your ride, & put up an avatar that would be great.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_select1.asp?cat=Motorcycles&mfg=Honda

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
gotta be an '85

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is an '85, the only year the LTD was made. The part is not shown on any of the online parts places fiches because it is no longer available. I FINALLY found it in the schematics, and it turns out it has nothing to do with the charging system. It is the fuel pump cut off sensor. It was suggested to me by someone else that it might be part of the charging system, because the wires are the same color red/white. black, and green. Thanks for the help. Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts