Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,017 Posts
Looks like the Northwest region has gotten very quiet - any one home? :D
For some reason on the GWOF we don't usually have much activity within the regions. It's like we are all pretty much interwined in the big melting pot.:cool:

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
I'm here, if it matters.:rolleyes:
Where in the N.W. are you located busdriver.
We are about 3 miles south of the Canadian border in the N.W. corner.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Lurking here in the wasteland of Eastern Washington...

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
Lurking here in the wasteland of Eastern Washington...
We were over in Quince Monday and Tuesday, visiting the wife's sister.
I spent both days riding with my brother in-law hauling apples for RJK farms,just outside of Quince to the Custom packing house in town. Lots of apples still on the trees.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Quincy has a pretty good Honda dealer too. They'll get my business when the time comes.

·
Super Moderator
11,303 Posts
Staying quiet in Spokane.

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
Quincy has a pretty good Honda dealer too. They'll get my business when the time comes.
I've been riding the 250 miles from home to Chet's Honda in Quince for tires since 1996. That's a lot of tires in 187,000 miles.
Had them put in new steering head bearings this summer also.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We just got back from our, annual, road trip. Not much goes on here either ... south sound area.

·
Premium Member
10,832 Posts
We just got back from our, annual, road trip. Not much goes on here either ... south sound area.
Firstly welcome to GWOF from Down Under. You will find some good riding mates in the Northwest.
Secondly go to the New Member so other can give you a big welcome. Eric

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Are there any GWRR on the north side of the 49th? We have great riding on this side. I am new to this website . We ride on both sides of the border, Montana,Idaho and Washington mostly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just thought I'd chime in here. We visit the PNW, specifically the NW peninsula area. We volunteer at Ft. Flagler State park and on our days off try to see the area as much as we can. We'll be here April through July this year. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate more this year than last. Seems like it was nice during the week then on weekends rained like mad. :( Would love to meet up with some other folks here and ride around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been slowly working on the wings, having some brake issues on the wife's 97. Soft rear brakes, since i'm new to wings I've been looking around and think it's time to try replacing the brake fluids and making sure I've got no air in the system. Work keeps getting in the way of working on the bikes and riding.... will be glad when I can retire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So true! But I still like to eat and keep a roof over my head ... a couple of years when the last of the kids are out of the house it's time to downsize and skip town. If I could convince the wife to do without a couple of things it would come quicker, but she refuses to cook over a campfire and sleep in a tent, and it just rains to much here to sleep under the stars. LOL Still like having her around so got to keep her happy.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Are there any GWRR on the north side of the 49th? We have great riding on this side. I am new to this website . We ride on both sides of the border, Montana,Idaho and Washington mostly.
There's lots more west than myself, but the numbers dwindle as you go farther north. I like the NW States as well, and the lower interior of BC is great. So yeah, there's peeps in the northwest aplenty, like it's been said, sometimes forget about our little section here. Kinda sad when you think about it really. I'll be in the northern WA (Spokane) area in August as well as the Okanagan too. Salmon Arm on the long weekend in May. If you're on the Icefield Parkway, Yellowhead, or the Trans Canada that few days, don't blink or you'
ll miss me. It's a quick romp for me on that one (don't tell Smokie/Leo):icon_smile_blackeye:roflmao:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not much happening in Vancouver, BC as it’s been raining for the past couple of days but Thursday is looking good for a ride. I purchased my 2013 Wing last week and I want to go out on some more rides. Given that it’s going to rain today I think that I will go out and buy some chrome for my new ride.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 29 Posts