Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the radio reception on my 2018 Goldwing pretty bad. I wonder if it is the antenna location or what.
I wonder if there is an easy enough way to relocate the antenna or replace it with a more conventional after market?
Where is the stock antenna located anyway?

Reactions: Ron Hill

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen posts in various places of complaints like this, and some had said they tried adding antennas to no avail. Kinda sucks actually, but I get most of my tunes from my phone (my station has an app) or a USB stick.

·
Registered
2018 DCT pearl Hawkeye blue
4,005 Posts
My 2018 has horrible radio reception. Apparently these new bikes has an internal antenna located inside the right Saddleback. I have looked and looked and I’ll be damned if I can find it? Don’t know if there’s any way to install an external antenna. I’m also just using my iPod most of the time while I’m riding.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
Has anybody on this forum tried to use an after market antenna through an adapter like this one? The radio reception is really weak and makes the FM radio basically unusable.
I have the factory CB radio and antenna on my 2019 DCT Tour. I just ordered that adapter and splitter from Sierra. It uses the CB antenna for the FM and CB. When I get it installed & tested, I'll post an update in this thread. I'm less than 30 miles as the crow flies from Chicago. I should be getting an FM signal like I'm in the recording studio with the band. Instead, It's like I'm in the nose bleed seats 3 counties away from the concert. Honda screwed up on this one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the stock FM antenna connector one of those connectors located under the seat like the XM antenna connector is and if yes which one of these connectors it is the FM antenna connector? I would like to try that Sierra adapter and plug an aftermarket antenna instead of the stock one to see if it improves the FM reception.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
What happened to this thread?
Any results from 'captain78' on the adapter install?
I also have issues with the FM, tho like others my main music is from other sources. Still would like to catch local info, weather or traffic when I come into a town. Or listen to the game when I'm local...

Here are the FAKRA connectors under the seat of my '19 Tour. Labeled per the manual.

Automotive lighting Font Audio equipment Bumper Automotive exterior

Make sure you read up on FAKRA colors and the configs. They're all keyed differently.

I'm using a $10 XM-type antenna and a cheapo inline amp for my FM - hidden under the passenger backrest. Not much better.

Also using an aftermarket for XM
HAve it mounted on the trunk immediately behind the backrest, fwd of the luggage rack..
Seems to work fine but the FAKRA didn't match, so I stripped it to the metal connx, and did a heated shrinkwrap to keep it in place. No complaints.

Now, on to the Android Auto forum......

Ride well.
Ride safe.

jed

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find the radio reception on my 2018 Goldwing pretty bad. I wonder if it is the antenna location or what.
I wonder if there is an easy enough way to relocate the antenna or replace it with a more conventional after market?
Where is the stock antenna located anyway?
DID YOU CONSIDER SATELLITE RADIO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts