Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,566 Posts
ron, don't know much about ride groups but many of the guys here belong to the GWRRA. Gold Wing specific club atmoshepere (or so we are told).

Not my thing but we do have some guys that really like it. If you send "Ron Robertson" (member here) a PM I'm sure he can help locate a chapter near you.

Myself.. the best riding group I know are the people here at the GWOF.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ron, don't know much about ride groups but many of the guys here belong to the GWRRA. Gold Wing specific club atmoshepere (or so we are told).

Not my thing but we do have some guys that really like it. If you send "Ron Robertson" (member here) a PM I'm sure he can help locate a chapter near you.

Myself.. the best riding group I know are the people here at the GWOF.
I contacted the local chapter here in town and I gotta say, I wasnt too impressed. They meet once a week in the summer at a fast food joint then ride to an ice cream parlor.....really. I responded back stating that we have the best touring bikes in the world and this is all you do? I asked if they had any day or weekend rides scheduled and she never responded back. So I took that as no. I dont need to join a club to get ice cream. Guess I will have to look around more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
27,566 Posts
As I said Ron, you already belong to one of the best riding groups, the GWOF.

At the minimum 2 will be in your area on the weekend of July 19th at the Mid Ohio Racetrack for the Superbike races. Now we (Myself & GoldDragon) will be attending the event but we will need to eat and travel around a bit. Also us Eastern guys have been known to get together occasionally so just keep an eye on the forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, I looked at Chapter N's website and I wasn't impressed either. They had the 2013 ride schedule posted and their calendar showed no rides other than the ice cream rides you mentioned.
If I may make a suggestion. Attend next months gathering at the Western Sizzlin' Steak House and voice your opinion. Maybe they just need a little infusion of fresh blood and ideas to get them going again. Or, you might find a bunch of old retired riders who have become a strictly social group.
There are good chapters, so so chapters and lousy chapters. I'm lucky enough to be in a great one that does a heck of a lot of riding.
Give it a shot.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
15,013 Posts
start your own group ride with the GWOF members in your area. post up a day for a meet and greet then see who responds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts