Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hurt'n...today it was raining..thought I go to a few dealers for a talk about the GW '10....been looking for a while...thought I had it all figured out....looked at KBB and cycletrader.com in prep for the dealer...sat on a base model and here is what happened...on the Base (Audio Comfort) model the best I could get was $20,600...KBB states its worth $17,600...so I thought I'd try a ABS model...best was $24,600...KBB states $20,130....I even tried walking in with a check made out to the dealer for $18,500 on the base model...that didn't work....any good negotiators out there...are these prices the true going rate...I see some of you bought a new 2010 in the last month...your thoughts...? These are some of the same prices I see on Cycletrader.com....are dealers across the country clamping down...? any words of wisdom....oh by the way...are the ABS worth an additional $4K...?

I guess for now I'll start up the old lady...'81 GW Interstate:(

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
2010 Goldwings
Audio/Comfort $18,999.99
Audio/Comfort Navi/XM $21,099.99
Audio/Comfort Navi/XM/ABS $22,099.99
Audio/ComfortNavi/XM/ABS/ Airbag $23,199.99
@ Lake Hill Honda Cornith, Ms
These are about the best you can do on new 2010 bikes.
The prices listed in KBB are for USED bikes, not brand new bikes!
Also, its springtime-the worst time of the year for a buyer-best time of the year for a seller!
Needing the ABS one time makes it well worth it. Do you get $4,000 of value for what you must buy to get the ABS, no! comfort package does not get hot enough, Nav is not worth anywhere near what it cost!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Very true tfdutydawg
My last Wing had ABS, My new one does not I like it better W/O ABS
But a lot of peolpe do like ABS.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
You have to shop around and sometimes be willing to travel to get the deal you want. I could not get local dealers to do any better than $21 on my 09 base which had a MSRP of $22,1k. Found a dealer about 150 miles away that was willing to sell me the same bike for $17,9k. Also found a dealer in SC that had the same price.

So do your homework and if you have to travel think of it as a vacation and a trip home with your new Wing. Hope you find a good deal. Ride safe..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Unless you have your heart set on a new one, there are a lot of good deals out there on used Wings, 07 and up with low miles. Look around and save some money. My 08 was listed for $19,599 (in 08) I got it out the door here in Calif for $18,200
Here is one in Indiana
This is an 08 Titanium premium audio model. It has 1,414 miles on it. The additional parts installed are as follows:
1. Russell day long seat w/drivers backrest.
2. Kuryakyn LED lights on the saddlebags and trunk.
3. audio adapter in left pocket.
4. Fog lights.
5. Chrome pass floorboard under covers.
6. Ergo II w/Dually Pegs and some others.
As you can see there is well over $2,000 in add ons not counting installation costs.
This bike has no scratches or dings of any kind and is kept covered in the garage. Bike was purchased on 11/29/08 so the warranty is good until 11/29/11.
I have a XL jacket and small jacket along with a XL Shoei full face helmet that I will throw in for the buyer if wanted.
The price is $17,000.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to shop around and sometimes be willing to travel to get the deal you want. I could not get local dealers to do any better than $21 on my 09 base which had a MSRP of $22,1k. Found a dealer about 150 miles away that was willing to sell me the same bike for $17,9k. Also found a dealer in SC that had the same price.

So do your homework and if you have to travel think of it as a vacation and a trip home with your new Wing. Hope you find a good deal. Ride safe..
Two Wheel Wing, I am assuming you did everything over the phone...any problems with the old "bait and switch"...I have no problem with driving...I would even drive as far as 500 miles...but don't want to fall prey to "...yes we have that bike...then get there and the price is different..."...Life is full of chances..I know...did you sign a contract before driving to the dealer...? Just curious...:confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless you have your heart set on a new one, there are a lot of good deals out there on used Wings, 07 and up with low miles. Look around and save some money. My 08 was listed for $19,599 (in 08) I got it out the door here in Calif for $18,200
Here is one in Indiana
This is an 08 Titanium premium audio model. It has 1,414 miles on it. The additional parts installed are as follows:
1. Russell day long seat w/drivers backrest.
2. Kuryakyn LED lights on the saddlebags and trunk.
3. audio adapter in left pocket.
4. Fog lights.
5. Chrome pass floorboard under covers.
6. Ergo II w/Dually Pegs and some others.
As you can see there is well over $2,000 in add ons not counting installation costs.
This bike has no scratches or dings of any kind and is kept covered in the garage. Bike was purchased on 11/29/08 so the warranty is good until 11/29/11.
I have a XL jacket and small jacket along with a XL Shoei full face helmet that I will throw in for the buyer if wanted.
The price is $17,000.
Joe in Calif...Where did you find the above listing....I would be interested in looking at this bike...

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Sounds suspiciously like yours Joe!*? Good thing it's in Indianna

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Two Wheel Wing, I am assuming you did everything over the phone...any problems with the old "bait and switch"...I have no problem with driving...I would even drive as far as 500 miles...but don't want to fall prey to "...yes we have that bike...then get there and the price is different..."...Life is full of chances..I know...did you sign a contract before driving to the dealer...? Just curious...:confused:
Had no problems whatsoever. I know some out of town dealers want a deposit which seals the deal. The dealer I went to was about 2 hours from my house. I drove down and they checked out my trade and we did the deal that day. Drove home with a new 09 Audio/Comfort that same day. They did try to charge me a setup and freight fee of $700 which I told them it was a deal breaker for me, so they waved the fee. Also, you don't need to buy the extended warranty right away because there are other places you can buy for less than they would charge. Don't buy any extras you don't want or need. I had them install a spoiler, 12V outlet, luggage trunk rack and fog lights and got them to take 25% off the list price. You have leverage if they want to sell and you hold your ground. Good luck

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks To All

Thank You To All For The Input :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts