Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May buy 2012 wing tomorrow or very soon.
Wanting to know if the 2012 bikes on the market sustained any damage from the earthquakes, flood/mud damage or nuclear etc at the factory.
I am sure they have some sort of "final inspection" but considering all Japan went through...?
Any serious comment appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF , i cant answer your question but i often wondered about this also

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

If I was buying a 2012, I would stay away from any bike that had water marks on the spokes. I am just saying.....

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply and thanks for the welcome.
I hope I learn something before I put out the money on the 2012. I have one lined up.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I've seen two 2012 Goldwings today while at the Honda dealer for a job interview, they didn't look like they had anything wrong with them. Maybe they glow in the dark? I have this cool idea of putting strip LED's in the openings in the windshield garnish and tie it into the turn signals, so that it 'winks' in what looks like a pair of slanted eyes.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Since the Goldwing factory is in Kumamoto,Japan, which is somewhere over 400miles from the epicenter of the earthquake, I do not see any worries about the 2012's.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I don't know if there was any damage at the honda plant, but I would have to believe it would be against the law to sell flood damaged vehicles as new. JMHO

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I don't know if there was any damage at the honda plant, but I would have to believe it would be against the law to sell flood damaged vehicles as new. JMHO
it is. we have a bunch of storm damaged fiesta's here at work. the cars cannot be sold or leased as new. ford gave their managers in the lease program one heck of a deal and a shorter than normal lease term

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There was very little if any direct damage to the new Kumamoto facility in Japan. What has caused problems were the rotating power outages and the shut downs at various secondary suppliers (shocks, gears, stuff like that). Things are still behind schedule but getting better slowly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts