Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:New to the Forum, the CB Antenna Mounting Base is damaged on my '04 GL1800, and I question whether or not the CB Antenna mounting base is the same as the AM/FM Antenna mounting base. Anyone know for sure ??
I've called 3 Goldwing Dealers and none of them "know for sure"... one was supposed to call their "Dealer Tech Line" to pose the question and get back to me.... nada.
It's a matter of waisted $$... if the mounting bases are in fact the same, it's a savings of around $80 compared to having to purchase the CB Antenna Kit (the only way Honda offers parts for the CB Antenna). Physically the two antenna mounting bases appear identical, but Honda only shows individual replacement parts for the AM/FM Antenna. I'll appreciate your replys !!!

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
First, welcome to the board from the Keystone state. I don't have a CB on my 2009 GL1800 so I really can't say, but I can't believe they are different. I mean it's just the base. I know the antenna's are different, but the base just holds it and folds down. Unless there is difference in the thickness of the antenna, I would think they are the same. I know Sierra Electronics and others sells a AM/FM/CB combination antenna that you might want to look at. Good luck. Hope you find your answer. Ride safe..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response Two Wheel Wing ! I did receive an answer from the Dealer that was checking into it. They said their area rep. has been dealing with the technical issues of Goldwings since the begining, and he had never been asked the question either.
The Tech Rep says he is "almost certain" that the antenna bases are the same. "Almost Certain" is a pretty good answer, but in my limited experience, :confused:when dealing with a transmitter of any kind, the antenna is critical to the life of the radio. Finally, the "cobwebs parted" and I have decided to cut-open the CB Antenna Base since it needs to be replaced anyway, and solve this riddle once and for all. I'll post my findings later today hopefully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts