Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Winger onboard. I have found this to be a great forum, with tons and tons of information. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Welcome and greetings from Florida. :D
There's a lot of good people here and information floating around.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
welcome from NC. great info if you have questions, lots of good people who are willing to help but frankly, when the questions are answered, well,...... it just goes downhill from there.

the upside is, others are there waiting for ya at the bottom of the hill.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from Vermont! Great bunch of wingers here!! Some wing dingers too!!!

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Hope you've come to the right place because you sure live in the right place. For us mid-Atlantic riders the Smoky Mountains is either a ride we have enjoyed or a ride we have yet to enjoy. P.S. Below this post is pictured one of our " wing dingers ".

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Keystone state of Pa. Have spent many great days riding through your part of the country and always look forward to going back. Enjoy the site and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum from, Northwest Washington.
Really nice folks here.
Enjoy the ride and ride safe.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to GWOF fxrshog. Have you got an FXR in the stable too? Pretty solid bikes those, was a fan of the FXRT back when they arrived on the scene.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fxrs

Welcome to GWOF fxrshog. Have you got an FXR in the stable too? Pretty solid bikes those, was a fan of the FXRT back when they arrived on the scene.
Yep, I've had a 1985 FXRS Disc Glide in the barn for over 21 years. Great ride around town. Thanks for asking :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site :)

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Wannabe.
Around here a new 2010 for $18,500.00 would be a good deal.

Actually picking up a dropped Wing is not as hard as some make it.
Picking up a Dropped Wing 101
1. If on it's right side put the side stand down. So you don't have to mess with it from the off side.
2. Put it in gear if you can. If not tie the hand brake in. Don't want the bike rolling around while you are righting it.
3. Back up to the bike. Back , do not face the bike, Back up to the bike,Squat down next to the bike with your back to the bike. Get hold of the passenger hand grip next to the seat with one hand and the Handle bar grip with the other hand. Now using your legs lift the bike.. You will be supprised how easy it lifts.
No strain back. And the boys should be fine. I've seen women lift a wing using this method.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
I must say i'm new to this never been here. Anyway i just purchased a 1982 Honda Goldwing Aspencade last July, and i was kinda scared at first since i haven't had a bike since 1983. The in August i purchased a 2003 Heritage classic. now i have the best of both worlds. I like em both, but the goldwing is like a two wheel honda civic.and rides better than the harley.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I must say i'm new to this never been here. Anyway i just purchased a 1982 Honda Goldwing Aspencade last July, and i was kinda scared at first since i haven't had a bike since 1983. The in August i purchased a 2003 Heritage classic. now i have the best of both worlds. I like em both, but the goldwing is like a two wheel honda civic.and rides better than the harley.
I gotta go over to a HD forum and see if any x wingers are over on the dark side bashing their old bikes. I keep hearing it hear that almost no one misses the bad vibs, heat and noise. And oh yeah, having to dress like a pirate. Don't remember the author to give credit but hard to forget.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I still like my Pirate look!!!
me too! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR mate. :)

that is so strange tho how a badass bike puts you into that attitude when you hit the switch and the pipes rip into the silence.

I get on the wing and want to find some Barry Manilow on the radio.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I discuss trikes over on an HD Forum and the members aren't bad mouthing Wings, even those who had one at some point in time. I've owned Electra Glides before getting my 1500. I like both bikes the Wings and the Dresser Series.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ARRRRGGG Mate I was a bad ass long before I hit the road on a Harley why should I change now!! heheheheehehe!!!! Just call me scooter trash!!!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I got us off topic here. I apologize.

but since I am here, I named my bike Mandy.

"Oh mandy, you gave without taking. come take me away oh Mandy".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts