Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell under the Gold Wing spell several years ago. This spring I ran across one I could not walk away from (Black 91 Aspencade with 23,000 miles). It now resides in my garage.

The last bike I owned, I was 15 and it was 100cc. Big difference. I am 35 years older and the bike is much bigger.

My first few attempts at riding the Wing mostly resulted in terror. Fortunately the DOT here puts on a training course. After the course, I at least knew the correct things to practice.

6000 miles later I am now getting comfortable on the bike. I truly enjoy riding it, and marvel at the quality of the machine. I feel fortunate that, so far, the bike has not suffered some damage at my hand.

I had some electrical troubles early on, but they all related to some cheesy after-market lights that had been incorrectly installed. The lighting is now stock and it will probably stay that way for the time being. I am planning to switch to the Droid X cellphone in the coming months and anticipate wanting a mount and charging method for that. I have all winter to figure that one out. (Damn winter :().

I have been reading the forum for a while and have gleamed some valuable info thanks to those who take the time to post.

Thank you,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Welcome & greetings from Florida.
I have a 1993 GL-1500A in black with a Voyager.
You are going to enjoy your new to you Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
11,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. Looks like some rough conditions over there.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome from vermont!! Was nice this weekend here but now were gonna be looking like you soon!!

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Welcome Wyowing,
We understand how the fever strikes even the least suspecting. Glad you got a class and some miles under you-safely. My winters are not nearly as rough as what you experience but I use it to make my upgrades in anticipation of spring.

Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome from Pa. Wha't that white stuff all around you?? Could that be snow... Won't be long we will have our share around here. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Nice folks and good info on here.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Congrats on your new bike, you will truly enjoy it, I wish you many happy miles on it.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your wing, been to and thru Sheridan several times, nice town and a great state for riding!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all,

Thanks for all the warm greetings. Nice to be part of a friendly place.

·
Premium Member
17,129 Posts
Welcome from the Northwest Corner.
Got friends in Wyoming, Love your Big Horn Mountains, Wind River Canyon, Beartooth Pass, just to many places to mention.
Ride Safe, these 1500's are a great bike.
Ron

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love those mountain rides

Ron,

I am about 20 miles from the Big Horns. Can't tell you how many times I have taken a quick trip up and back this summer. Went thru Wind River Canyon two weeks back. Made it over the Beartooth last summer. That is a trip everyone should do at some time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,129 Posts
I'm hope we can get back into that area this coming year again, is so maybe we can get together for coffee.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,224 Posts
Welcome from snowy Alberta Wyo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts