Honda Goldwing Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I bought a 650 Yamaha from a guy that I worked with in 1982. I rode it until 1990 when I bought my first wing. A 1989 GL1500. I just traded it on a 2012 Level III. Being in North central PA I didn't get to put many miles on it last year. Can't wait for the weather to break.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
My first bike that I owned was a Honda enduro, forget what year. That was my ride to school senior year.
I rode tons of bikes I didn't own.
Then I got a Kawasaki Ninja forget what year.
Then I got my 2006 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100C2.
And I yearned for a touring bike. I like the Harley Electra Glide that my buddy has. His is the same color as my Wing. I wanted a Harley for the 6 speed trans, the fuel injection and the advertised mileage. But just like the wing, it was way out of my price range. I could only dream. So I outfitted my sabre like a touring bike.

Then my wife bought this 2005 wing. It had gone down and the price was right. I am now struggling to put it back on the road. I can not wait to cruise it to Seattle to visit my biking buddies. I miss that.

So, wish me luck! And feel free to donate needed parts to this project!

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
1995 VFR750 that I still own and ride, though not so much anymore, the Wing spoiled me rotten.
Hmmmmm '95 VFR not getting much road time & in Pa yet.:wave:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yamaha 950.
Got the Wing so that my wife would have a comfortable ride. She doesn't ride with me much but is comfortable when she does.

·
Registered
56 Posts
other bikes?

I currently ride an 05' but before that it was:

a 96' SE and before that
a 94' SE and before that
an 87' Interstate and before that
a 78' GL1000

Must I go on?

·
Registered
515 Posts
chck my signature line, goldwing after goldwing! :ThumbsUp:

The only bike not listed was the 82 V45 Sabre

·
Registered
8 Posts
1st big touring bike was a 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade that I dragged a homemade camper trailer behind. Divorced the bike and trailer along with a bunch of other "things". But, kept my pension intact (again).

The '06 Wing has been mine from day 1 as has the Tailwind. They'll be coming with ME if things go south (again) as will my pension. :ThumbsUp:

Best Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had everything from Harley's to Suzuki I just got my first goldwing a 79 full. dresser I thought it be lighter then it is I though it be as heavy as my superglide was 600 pounds but this is 650 or more once I get it lowered and the tire done I be all over the place never had such a nice ride

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Yamaha V-Star 1300 , went and test drove a Harley Ultra Glide then said I have to be fair and test drive the Goldwing , so glad I did it changed my life

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
23 Posts
69 Triumph 650 Bonni.
70 Triumph Trident
67 Triumph Trophy 650
Whizzer Bike
1948 Harley 125 (pre-Hummer)
1940 Indian Chief

...and many rides between :)
A:)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Let's see...305 Scrambler (Litely modded, don't know year), 160 Dream (didn't run), 350 Kawi Tripple, 250 Yamaha Enduro (didn't run), Suzuki 125 enduro (in the Philippines), 2 Honda 200 enduro's (again, in the Philippines. All about maneuverability over there) and finally, 2006 Wing. Always wanted a big bike. Wife wanted something comfortable if she was going to ride with me. So...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had a 1987 Yamaha Venture (XVZ1300)..I loved that bike, after 100,000 miles I was having issues with the clutch on the Venture..replaced the friction plates and it woudl still slip. We were going on a trip to Nove Scotia and decided to get the Wing in 96. Looking back, I discovered that the issue I was having with the Venture was due to synthetic oil I was using that caused the clutch to slip. Haven't used synthetic oil since...closing in on 200,000 miles on the Wing now...but wish I still have the Venture!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had an 09 Concours14. Only put about 37,700 miles on it in 4 years, but it was starting to hurt my knees because of the riding position. A few weeks ago, I went to the local scoot shop, and test rode an 08 pear white with navi. After a few laps around a test area, I signed a ton of paperwork, and left the Connie for the Wing. I do miss the kick in the pants that the Connie gave me when I twisted the throttle, but I absolutely love the Wing. I rode for about 7 hours on Saturday, and only went home because I made a promise to the wife about fixing her buddies' car. I cant wait to rack up the miles...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought my first bike 3 years ago, an '01 Kawasaki Concours. Loved it and just sold it this week. Bought an '08 in pearl with navi also and love it! Kind of sad to see the Connie go, but needed the room in the garage. Plus I like being a pure Honda family.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
My first bike was a 84 Suzuki GS550E, at age 20, then an 83 Suzuki GS750ES at 28. The GS750ES needed major tlc and some JB weld fabrication when I got it, a project bike, but ran nicely till 2005 when it finally needed to be retired. Good times on the sportier bikes when I was younger and thinner, but now I'm glad to finally have a wing ( a check off the bucket list for me ).

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
11,747 Posts
Bump to the top for the newer members

81 - 100 of 114 Posts