Honda Goldwing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Last two bikes were both FJR 1300 Yamabangers. Loved them. Over 40K miles on each. 1500 Vulcan before that. (Until I spent a week at Deals Gap! Hense the FJR's) Getting older though, and the wife and I wanted comfort. :cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
current plated bike is Honda CRF450x for dual sport and desert racing. Prior to that the last street bike I owned was an early 70's CB550.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yamaha Virago 920. Did not get rid of it though.. head on collision with a truck. When I was finally able to get back on a bike, I got my first wing.. a 2000 50 Anniversary Special Edition. I figured if I was going to do it again I was going to do it all out and in style..

Now I have the new 2012 and love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last bike was a Honda ST1300 (last of many). My wife finally said that if we were going to keep touring with friends, she needed something more comfortable. Never thought she would encourage me to buy a Wing. (Thankyou! Thankyou!):rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Last bike was a Honda ST1300 (last of many). My wife finally said that if we were going to keep touring with friends, she needed something more comfortable. Never thought she would encourage me to buy a Wing. (Thankyou! Thankyou!):rolleyes:
Wives can do that.:D;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wives can do that.:D;)
Wife? What's a wife? I just got this new thing called a Fiance'... is that similar? :p

I have been single since 1991 and have not dated due to military and government service since 2001. And now I am finding I have suddenly become this sought after bachelor.. err I guess I was.. man how things change when it comes to women..

I have to admit I am bit apprehensive about this though.. having been a single guy all this time.... and now... At least she loves to ride Goldwings.... and she is not bad to look at either! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
1995 Honda VFR750. Love this bike and it's still in my garage but I wanted to include my wife on trips; a 2008 Black ABS Wing fit the bill. Just back from our first road trip to upstate NY and we are lovin' it

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Wife? What's a wife? I just got this new thing called a Fiance'... is that similar? :p
No not even close. She's still on her best behavior. You have to wait for the mis.... errr. I didn't just type that did I??????:rolleyes::eek:

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
1995 Honda VFR750. Love this bike and it's still in my garage but I wanted to include my wife on trips;
Froggy if you ever decide to have that VFR go somewhere else there's a garage about an 1 1/2 hour north that it would look really good in.;)

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
Here's a few of the past from the stable. The Suzi 90 was the first bike I ever owned; the VF500 was my 'toy' when I had the 1200i; the Norton Roadster I had when I was 17 (don't know how I made it to 18); the Vulcan was my 10 year 'project' (how to spend money VERY foolishly), and the Puch/Allstate was what I first learned to ride on in the mid 60's.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was riding a 1980 Harley Davidson FLT. It had been a dependable ride but it was getting pretty tired with 55K so I started thinking about something different. I watched a lot of older guys riding wings and, after some research, decided the 1800 was for me, after all, I am getting older!. I purchased my '07 new in November of '06. It was the first Goldwing I had ridden since my neighbor's '84 Aspencade, years ago. I certainly have no regrets.

Other bikes I have owned:

72 Superglide
66 FL
67 Sportster
70 CB 750
74? KZ 175
68 Honda 350 Scrambler
65? Honda 150 Dream

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is an 1800 VTX I couldnt bring myself to get rid of her, she is candy apple red with just about every chrome part made for her.
I went for a ride this past spring with some friends and one was riding a Goldwing, I could not get over how comfortable he looked riding it and how he never seemed to get tired. I ran into a real good deal on the wing I bought and now I am a Goldwing rider.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have owned more motorcycles than I can recall. Only H-Ds for many early years of my 74 years. I now own a 2008 GW 1800, a 1990 GW 1500 purchased new, a H-D 1200 Sportster custom. I just love motorcycles. But to own the Honda Goldwing is in MHO owning the " Best of The Best "

·
Registered
6 Posts
69 Triumph Chopped (still have), 69 Custom Triumph, 67 Harley, 75 Sporster, 74 Super Glide, and several in between. First Wing 88 and now an 07. Old age, mine not the bikes, needed confort.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I started with a 1967 Triumph Bonneville that I paid $400 for. After that I had a 1976 Yamaha 650 and then I graduated to a Yamaha 1100 Special shaft-drive. I traded it a couple of years later for a Yamaha 1100 Standard. At that point I started paying more attention to the Goldwing bikes and rest is history. When I rode my first bike that had a driveshaft I knew the next step was going to be a Gold Wing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a 86 Yamaha XV 500 when I was about 17. A large storm rolled threw our area and I didn't put the bike away (dumb kid) and it got destroyed. A micro burst hit us and took out some trees and that was that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2006 VTX R Rode it to Sturgis. Got back and went for a testdrive on wing. Took me 2 seconds to realize what I'd been missing. Wife never liked riding on the VTX. Feels like a queen on the wing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CB 125, Suzuki 250, CB 750, CBX 1050 and a collection of dirt bikes. Still have the CBX. Getting older now, and I need the comfort the wing provides (bought a 98SE 2 weeks ago). What a wonderful machine. Bigger trip planned in March with my wife and we are really looking forward to the trip.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts