Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liana asked me yesterday whether there was any talk on the forum about another northwestern meet and greet this year, and I told her nope. So after getting some motivation from the bike show yesterday, I thought I'd post this and see if there's any interest to have another? We both had a great time last year and would look forward to getting together again with our new friends and hopefully a few more still.

So, whataya say folks?

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hopefully the bike will cooperate, as I'd like to be able to meet everybody this year. I just need to know six to eight weeks in advance to schedule vacation time.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I'm sure we'd be up for it. We had a great time last year. Any idea where you'd like to Meet and Greet.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really. At the moment we'd be open to pretty much anything. Yellowstone looks interesting. Or out your way. Or B.C. Or, or, or, LOL.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
You will just have to take me along with your photos and report. It is just fantastic scenery up north but the best part of the trip was the people that we got to meet. We are working on our return trip right now. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I'm heading to the Northwest as a permanent resident this summer. I'd be interested in participating as well.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Long as I can swing the time off I'm defo up for it!:D The weekend really go my blood pumping to ride somewhere...now if winter would just go away:eek:

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Just a suggestion, The Black Hills or Devil's Tower. O.K. two suggestions. :eek:

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Just a suggestion, The Black Hills or Devil's Tower. O.K. two suggestions. :eek:
Been a while since I was in the area. I think Moorcroft has a few motels. The time around the Sturgis Rally would be a time to avoid, At least for me.

Another thought is, the Beartooth, that's in striking distance of JellyStone for those that are interested. When I'm in the Cody area we Usually stay in Powell saves a bunch on motel cost.

Any thoughts on when.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been a while since I was in the area. I think Moorcroft has a few motels. The time around the Sturgis Rally would be a time to avoid, At least for me.

Another thought is, the Beartooth, that's in striking distance of JellyStone for those that are interested. When I'm in the Cody area we Usually stay in Powell saves a bunch on motel cost.

Any thoughts on when.
My summer is pretty wide open right now. I'm going to try and plan another trip with my brother, but we haven't set a date yet (or a destination either!).

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Yeah, the Sturgis 'area' sounds like a good idea (not during the rally though, too crazy). I didn't get to see Crazy Horse or Devil's Tower last time so that's still on the list.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
The rally is August 2nd - 11th. I think any time a week before or after would be good.

July 14th - 27th or August 18th - 31st, would work for me, if we want to make it two weeks, that is.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm up for it, even if someone elses bike farts out. If he wants, he can have the b seat. Yellowstone maybe, Wisconsin Dells, Oshkosh fly in, fishing on the west coast of Wa. on a boat, Pike's street market, the Seattle aquarium, The aircraft museum in Seattle, the seafood place somewhere downtown wher they dump a bunch of what used to be crawly swimming things on a BIG plate for All to share.You have to shuck, break, bend, pry and get messy. Kind of like eating like a real man...

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Devils Tower area is a 3 day ride or me. Devils tower,Black hills , Rushmore, Crazy horse. A lot to see in the area.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Lots to be said for the 'wet coast' area too:D

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
How about somewhere between Prince Rupert and Redwood City?;):p:D

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I know for sure is I'm too be in Manitoba on Aug 10 for Moms 80th, other than that I'm wide open. Yellowstone/Beartooth seems interesting. Would motels be impossible in July?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
using the Motorcycle. com app.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
We've been over the bear tooth several times and always enjoy it. We usually stay at the Big Sky motel in Columbus off I-90. a small motel similar to the one in Kalispel. It's about 50 miles from Red Lodge then it's another 25 or so to the Bear tooth. Reservation would be a good idea any place in that area.. Yellowstone is nice although it get crazy during the tourist season.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.