Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new here! Where's the love??

I need some advice on adding stuff to my profile. How do I add a "signature" that shows up on my posts?

Warning: I am tech-challenged...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new here! Where's the love??

I need some advice on adding stuff to my profile. How do I add a "signature" that shows up on my posts?

Warning: I am tech-challenged...
Click the "Quick Links" button under your screen name and select "edit sig".

And welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Click the "Quick Links" button under your screen name and select "edit sig".

And welcome!
Oh, and I forgot to ask about adding pics. I was successful over on the VTX board, but my pics were rejected here. Too big maybe?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh, and I forgot to ask about adding pics. I was successful over on the VTX board, but my pics were rejected here. Too big maybe?
Using a pic for your avatar? Look under options.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada lkl57. Don't worry about being technically challenged. The main criteria on this site is a love of riding (Wings preferably) :).
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from Ontario Canada lkl57. Don't worry about being technically challenged. The main criteria on this site is a love of riding (Wings preferably) :).
Ride safe,
Strat
Thank you! And I've been wondering why I waited so long!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the message I get when I try to add a pic:

This is not a valid image file.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First welcome to the forum from Pa. The file needs to be a certain format...ie jpg or other such type of file.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First welcome to the forum from Pa. The file needs to be a certain format...ie jpg or other such type of file.
Thank you! Now I have to convert them? Find some that are already that format?? Like I said in my first post, I am not technology gifted.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from vermont! You will figure it out eventually im sure!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello lkl57, welcome to GWOF. when i upload pic's they are jpeg formatted and no larger than 600 x 450

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from Alberta Canada lkl57. Don't worry, if I can figure it out, a caveman can do it. Oops, gonna have that tv personality all over me for that one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome from Alberta Canada lkl57. Don't worry, if I can figure it out, a caveman can do it. Oops, gonna have that tv personality all over me for that one.

Thank you! Nice to know I'm more clueless than a caveman!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nah, you're far too rough on yourself. I'm no propellerhead either, that's for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nah, you're far too rough on yourself. I'm no propellerhead either, that's for sure.

But I am as clueless as a caveman, or cavewoman, as it were. I don't even understand the size restrictions! What do those numbers mean??

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The numbers detdrbuzzard posted (600 x 450) are sizes that correspond to (I think) the amount of pixels or megapixels (?*&!) in the length and width of the jpg (picture format) thumbnail. Other than that I'm pretty stupid about it. I have a photobucket account that I can hold and resize pictures and then upload them onto sites like this one. Takes some time to learn the ropes, but like I said, if I can do it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts