Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all of you out there. my wife and i just got our first goldwing last saturday and we love it. after about 25 years off bikes last spring i bouhgt my son's 750 shadow. it was a good bike but my other son wanted it so he found me an 1100 shadow and we traded. one evening last summer my wife wanted to go around the block with me and since then she is the one who calls and says lets ride after work. she was the one who said we should look for a goldwing and we found a 1996 1500 SE that works for us. i am looking forward to chatting with you and finding out how things work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the board. =)

I don't have any experience witht he 1500s, but there are many members who do. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you with your questions and concerns.

I also had a 22-year break in riding. I started back in '83 with a Honda 250 when I lived in Japan. When I moved back to the States in late '84 and tried to ride that 250 on the American roads, I got a quick lesson in "this ain't for me." I sold the bike and didn't buy antother until 2006 (bought a 1700cc Yamaha cruiser, 'cause my feet could touch the ground). After a year with that heavy bike, I felt I could handle a Wing, and bought my 2008 in July '07. Love both. Wife will only ride the Wing (must be that terrible pillion on the Yamaha =) ).

Anyway, welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts