Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm another new guy from Ontario, Canada, got back to riding after a 40 yr absence, ride a 2001 Goldwing, having a little trouble getting used to the weight of this beast but love the ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
OCW, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Glad you joined us on the forum and in the ranks of two wheel riders. We are getting a number of members from Canada. Good to have their perspective on things. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Come on down, half of Canada is here already. The weight of the beast was the first thing I noticed when I got my last November; and it remained " heavy " until my therapist convinced me that it was mostly psychological.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina.

I think it is mental. I thought my last bike, 600 lbs was heavy, now I am riding the Wing.

Now it feels like a scooter.

Congrats on the bike, you will soon be a pro.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello ocw and welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from out west OCW. Good to have you back in bikedom, er Wingdom.:D

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome to the site, and welcome back to riding. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hello from georgia,And welcome to the site

·
Registered
87 Posts
New Guy

Hi All,

Just a quick note, my wife and I ride a 2008 GL1800 air bag (that does not mean she is on the bike) model, we came from a 2004 Kaw 2000 and 2003 Kaw Drifter.
We are from just west of Quakertown, PA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Ontario Winger! It took me 18 years to get back on the bike - running a business, having kids, buying other things than motorbikes! :) I'm delighted for you! I found the bike a little unwieldy at first - probably the first month, but I'm getting quite comfortable now, even in parking lots and gravel. We have a property close to Bobcaygeon and there are some fantastic roads out this way. My ride home to Markham seems like a two-hour warm up. It's over before I know it and then time to park it! Can;t wait for my first huge road trip!!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hothouse, don't know if you've been through Superior Provincial Park but it makes for a beautiful ride. I've done it several times and it keeps pulling me back. Ride safe,
Strat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome from Texas..

How about those Toronto Maple Leafs???

I did some riding one time many many moons ago up around Thunder Bay Ontario. Pretty country up there in the summer!!!

Safe riding..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hey Ontario, Bobby Pullford will always be my hero, but I was only ten. 1967 was a long time ago;). The Esks might be headed down the same road, that hurts too.
Welcome to the forum Sponge104!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts