Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm another nugy - not far from Sumas, WA - Lynden.
I have a 1986 1200 SEi bought last summer with only 12500 miles.
It's an awesome ride, much better than the 650 Silverwing I had.
The bike has Cibie fog lamps that look pretty nice. They might look better if I could figure out how to turn the dang things on. For the life of me, I can't find a switch. Any ideas?
Mike from Lynden

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm another nugy - not far from Sumas, WA - Lynden.
I have a 1986 1200 SEi bought last summer with only 12500 miles.
It's an awesome ride, much better than the 650 Silverwing I had.
The bike has Cibie fog lamps that look pretty nice. They might look better if I could figure out how to turn the dang things on. For the life of me, I can't find a switch. Any ideas?
Mike from Lynden
Well Mike you sure are starting out with a big problem.Welcome to the site and from WIS. You may just have to start tracing wires to get the lights to work.One way to get familiar with the new bike :)
Stick around and I'm sure some one will have a few good idea's.Maybe they are just for looks, who knows !!

WA9FWT Phil

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF mprotz, if you can contact the previous owner about the lights

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. I assume the lights were an "add on" so the switch has to be somewhere on the fairing or handlebars. If there is no switch then they are "hard wired", in which case the wire may be bad or broken or the bulbs may be burned out. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the warm welcome & advice. Original owner had bike taken from him by son-in-law because of Alzheimers. Hid it in storage - explains low mileage.
And good luck to you snow-bound folks. This is the first year in 20 that we haven't had major Nor'easter with drifts. Thank you El Nino.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts