Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am looking at moving up to a Goldwing. More than likely a GL1200 or a GL1500 any feed back would be great. I currently ride a Kymco Venox. Great bike, but not to good for long rides. I have ridden larger bikes, but still come back to the looks and reputation of the Goldwing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site mojo75. Either bike is a good choice, but if it's in your budget, the 1500 leaves the 1200 behind in lots of ways. Shop smart and check for maintenance records, do the good things and you'll end up with a fine motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida.
There are a lot of good deals out there for Wings, it boils down to how much you're willing to spend and the condition of what is being offered.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. If I had the $$ I'd go for the 1500. Many improvements over previous years Wing and also the availability of parts is a big factor since many parts are interchangeable from 1988 - 2000. But, your choice, your $$$. Good luck and ride safe...

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello mojo75 and welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello all, I am looking at moving up to a Goldwing. More than likely a GL1200 or a GL1500 any feed back would be great. I currently ride a Kymco Venox. Great bike, but not to good for long rides. I have ridden larger bikes, but still come back to the looks and reputation of the Goldwing.
Either one is a great bike. Before I got my GL1800 I owned two GL1500s. My wife currently rides a 1986 GL1200. It's her third GL1200 and she doesn't want anything else. She has ridden my previous bikes and the 1800 and still prefers the 1200. I often ride it too and there is much to like about it. It's a comfortable, dependable machine. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts