Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally don't post anti-brand threads, but the look on this guys face was priceless. Anyway, I took this yesterday while the guy was taking his ride to the local HD dealer. He really looked unhappy!
I got a chuckle out of it....

Mark

1st pic is bike in truck....

2nd is the owners face....

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
He doesn't look mad to me. Just like he's been through it before.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Looks better than the guy that took his Gold Wing to the
dealer with a broken frame!!

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Hey Joe, was that one of the 'recall' ones?
One of my buds has a Heritage that took almost two full seasons to find an electrical gremlin. All sorted now, but he spent many trips up and down our shop ramp into/out of his pickup. The HD dealer wasn't all that friendly with him about it either. No charge for the repair, but at least 4 of the trips they dinged him with a "service charge" for their time spent chasing it down. Bike was under warranty at the time too. He's a happy camper now, but was plenty miffed during it all.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Bad things happen when you out-weigh your vehicle!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
835 Posts
1800 Frame Cracks -

Hey Joe, That is a nice photo of a frame crack. I've read about the occasional Goldwing frame that has developed a crack or two but I haven't personally seen any. While looking at a used 2002 1800 one time, I had asked the salesman about this problem and he stuttered around for several minutes before saying "he had not heard of any frame issues". The dealership sales manager also changed the subject when I mentioned the problem to him.

It would have been less suspicious if these guys had simply said something more along the lines of "look quick there goes Elvis" to deflect my questions instead of "What price range are you looking for in an 1800" ?

What year of Goldwing was supposed to have their frames crack ?

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts