Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Palm Coast: :deadhorse:I have researched upgrading my '92 1500SE stereo system to accomodate my Iphone (the hand held computer with a phone app). My cassette player is non functional (see broken), so a cassette adapter is a non starter. I have read a lot about Wingers installing the iSimple adapter, but I can't rundown the model they used. Has anyone installed this system, and if so, can you give me the info on the system (and how you would rate it). Thanks much: Ride Safely:United_States:

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
Greetings from Palm Coast: :deadhorse:I have researched upgrading my '92 1500SE stereo system to accomodate my Iphone (the hand held computer with a phone app). My cassette player is non functional (see broken), so a cassette adapter is a non starter. I have read a lot about Wingers installing the iSimple adapter, but I can't rundown the model they used. Has anyone installed this system, and if so, can you give me the info on the system (and how you would rate it). Thanks much: Ride Safely:United_States:
Ask Eddie. He's the forum guru on electronics !

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Different eddie.

Not familiar with the 1500 audio system. If it has an AUX input you can probably use any bluetooth receiver to connect your phone to the bikes system.
There are some relatively cheap ones on ebay that should work great.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had the 92 1500. I made my own plug adapter for my daughter's player back in about 1996 that I plugged into the passenger headset. I also made another than plugged into the passenger pigtail for when she was not riding with me. That was back in the day when you could buy the 5 pin plug and 3.5 stereo plugs from Radio Shack and make your own headsets, etc. I think J&M made those adapters, also and they are easy to make if you can solder. What I would do is order the adapter plug from J&M that will plug into your audio chord. If your phone's headphone jack is a 4 or 3 band plug then you need to buy the adapter or make sure what you purchase from J&M will work. You can also buy conversion plugs from places like Target to convert the 3 to 4 or 4 to 3. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FOLLOW UP: Contacted iSimple. They advised for a '92 GW1500, I should purchase their: ISFM23. iSimple sells this for 168.95, while Amazon sells the ISFM23 for 55.00. I called iSimple back due to the disparity in price(s) (yea, I get it's Amazon) to make certain there were not "sub-models" causing the price difference. They advised there was only one ISFM23, so... I'll report back once it's installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not real familiar with the 1500s but if the cassette it broken anyway you might consider ditching the stereo and using a blutooth amp.

Phone or gps can bluetooth to the amp, amp has a spot for a usb drive and can be controlled by your phone or the small remote and you can still do am/fm through the amp.

Probably more power and better sound too.

This is what I just put on my boat but there are other options too.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_917BB100V2/Fusion-MS-BB100V2-Marine-Black-Box-Receiver.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.