Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had already posted a question before saying hi to everyone but some of ya'll forgave that and answered. Thanks so very much. My husband and I live in Texas, originally from Nebraska. We have always wanted to get a bike and found a 1995 trike. Why a trike? because I am not gracefully and my husband doesn't have to tell me not to lean like he did when we were kids and had a two wheel that I leaned to far and down we went LOL!! So I feel a whole lot safer!!! God bless each of you as you travel down the road and know that I ask for Angels to ride with you. Angelmammaw

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state of Pennsylvania. Glad you found us. Ride safe and enjoy. A number of members are from your area so you might meet up with some of them.

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Nice folks hang out here. Enjoy the Forum and you new ride. Keep us posted on the clutch thing.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Welcome angelmammaw,

My wife and I live in Mansfield just South of FT. Worth. We passed through Springtown last Sunday on our ride so we are not too far from each other. Check out the GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association) We have just joined them and attended a meeting last night of the Arlington/Mansfield Chapter M called the "Moonlighters" they seem like a great bunch of folks, we haven't ridden with them yet but plan to soon. You might check to see if there are chapters closer to the Decatur area. I am very familiar with the area that you are in because my family is from Bridgeport and Alvord.

I think that you will find the forum here very helpful

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello angelmammaw, welcome to9 GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new trike

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Hello welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome angelmammaw,

My wife and I live in Mansfield just South of FT. Worth. We passed through Springtown last Sunday on our ride so we are not too far from each other. Check out the GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association) We have just joined them and attended a meeting last night of the Arlington/Mansfield Chapter M called the "Moonlighters" they seem like a great bunch of folks, we haven't ridden with them yet but plan to soon. You might check to see if there are chapters closer to the Decatur area. I am very familiar with the area that you are in because my family is from Bridgeport and Alvord.

I think that you will find the forum here very helpful
Yes you would have passed pretty close by us. We actually are on the springtown side of boyd. I will check out the GWRRA also. Let me know how your meetings and rides go. This has been a dream for us for a long time and we are really enjoying the freedom of the road. We just take our time and "cruise", taking in the sights etc., just enjoying our dream!!
God bless

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Hello & welcome from VA.

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Welcome from the Piney Woods of East Tx. I'm from Troup and also got my new to me 95 GL 1500 several months ago. Mine was a barn find out in Deming, NM as I've done a carb and master cylinder rebuild, oil change, seat and windshield replacement and new tires installed. Last item are the timing belts and then it's farkles like highway pegs, Baker Wind Wings, passenger arm rests, luggage rack. Gosh this list keeps growing. But I did get a very cool one owner Wing with 24 k and I still have only 5200 into it and it's like brand new now. Enjoy your ride and perhaps sometime we could meet you all down in Edom at the Shed for breakfast or lunch.

Dan & Deb

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new toy.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Cheers for the intro Angelmammaw!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Ye Ha...Welcome to the forum from Central Texas. Quite a bunch here and glad to have you both on board. Good ride today but I think we have skipped spring and are swinging into summer already. Kinda toasty down here. Stay safe and enjoy...Isaac

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Another Texas welcome from up here in Allen, Texas, about 25 miles north of Big-D. Good to hear that you're living your Dream. Nothing like cruising on a cool Spring morning.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Glad you found us,ride safe.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What a wonderful welcome from everyone. It is great to be here and we are so looking forward to getting to know ya'll more. Hoping to join up and check out chapters around here, go on some benefit rides, rallies etc. It's taken us some years to get here but we are so happy to continue forward with our dream!!
God bless, be safe and know angels are with you!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts