Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd share our trip. The wife and I set out for a quick trip from so. Nevada to Phoenix on Sunday that was to be a over nighter. While having coffee the next morning and thinking about the ride home, we decided that we just weren't ready give in to going back to work. Being self employed I told the boss :)eek:) to shove it and we headed for Page AZ. Now the weather was starting to get cool and the trip up through Flagstaff was windy but clear. If you haven't ridden this area in the fall you should make a trip on your calender. The Grand Canyon is awesome this time of year. We arrived at Page at sun set with temps in the low 50s. Rooms are cheap as the tour season is over and the town was busy with mostly locals. We saw quit a few other bikes on the way all dressed in winter gear enjoying the views with the low sun on the red rocks. The next morning we got a early start a took a few pics of the Glen canyon dam and headed toward Kanab UT. This is the best part of the ride as you travel through the north rim of the grand canyon. The colors are at their best this time of year. We headed down through Hurricane then into St. George to make our way south to NV. In all we covered 1050 miles on what was to be a short ride. My wife has since started plotting another three day.( I'm lucky to a wife that likes the ride as well ) Here are some pics. N-joy, earthpig....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Nice pictures. Glad you had a safe & fun time.

As my friend Chopin says "Sometimes the best plans are the ones that aren't made.":D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice pictures. Glad you had a safe & fun time.

As my friend Chopin says "Sometimes the best plans are the ones that aren't made.":D
So true. I am trying to live my life that way...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
More pics......last pics heading down through the gorge from St. George UT. Then home. There are so many pics but this will show those that haven't rode through this area to try and plan one in the future. Hope I wasn't to long. earthpig.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
earthpig : You can never give me too many pics of the southwest. My folks live in Phoenix and I would, if I could, pack up and become a fugitive there until the statute of limitations expired. I traditionally go out there in March or April so it is too cold or snowy to hit the Grand Canyon or Page or points north of Sedona. I see the new bridge is opened into Vegas! Between you and me, the desert and I agree.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
We make it a point to take some trips without a plan or reservation as we are so controlled by customers/bosses and the ever helpful Outlook Calendar. We chase the best weather for our mood and then have time to stop and enjoy as we go as there is no check in time. Flipped out the wife at first but it is as you have shown, creates some of the best memories. Thanks for sharing. Lived in Tucson many, many years ago. We talk of retiring somewhere in AZ. You just made it a lot worse.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Firstly I would like to thank your wife, the camera operator, who took the photos on the move. Well done. Secondly thankyou for taking the time to post so many photos for those of us that may never see some of these places. We were in that area 6 years ago and it will help me to be patient and wait for my turn to see that part of the USA in detail. I will enjoy the scenery and the people. Hi I am adding onto Eric's words. I would like to add my thanks for the photos. I have returned to university in my maturity to study geomorphology. Seeing your photos adds to my excitement and interest in my major. We are planning a trip to southwest USA in your spring, 2012. Your photos, and others we see, increase the number of places I want to visit! To be able to explain/interpret geologically, the environments as those seen in your photos is fascinating, well for me anyway. By the way, What sort of camera was your wife using? your photos are quite clear.. I am not so happy with our digital camera and am planning to purchase another.. one with the abilty to take good photos using a wide angle lens. I am more used to using film and have some brilliant photos not so much with our compact canon powershot. Thanks for sharing your trip. (from Vanessa)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
earthpig : You can never give me too many pics of the southwest. My folks live in Phoenix and I would, if I could, pack up and become a fugitive there until the statute of limitations expired. I traditionally go out there in March or April so it is too cold or snowy to hit the Grand Canyon or Page or points north of Sedona. I see the new bridge is opened into Vegas! Between you and me, the desert and I agree.
Hey chopin, glad you enjoyed the trip. We are only a few hundred miles from most of the best winter riding and I will try and share our many rides with you. Who knows, maybe will get a ride put together on one of those unplanned trips and include as many riders that want to play hooky from work. You can always look back at great memories. earthpig.........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts