Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if. (And how) I can put a amp.volt gauge on a 81 Interstate..

Steve

·
Registered
691 Posts
Happy to. A voltmeter is connected to the termionals of the battery. Ameter is connected in series. A lot harder to do and totaly not needed. There are several volt meters on the market that are dedicated to mc use. Just my 2 cents.
With a volt meter your battery should not drop below 10 volts when cranking with a good battery and tight clean connections and should read about 13.5 to 14.5 when running.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
It was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure I installed an Autometer voltmeter on my 1200. Put it on the lower right (empty) plate of the fairingin front of my right knee when sitting on the bike.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I think Show Chrome or one of the chrome people puts out a digital unit my is about 6 inch long 1 inch tall and maybe 3/4 inch thick. It has a clock, voltmeter and temperature gauge. I have mine hooked up to an accessory terminal. I use the clock for lapsed time between stops. It attaches with Velcro. I have another analog voltmeter mounted in a wood panel that looks sharp but it's for a 1500,
Might check out an aout parts store for the digital type mentioned above..
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...Doing that would give me a heads up warning if something should start going bad?
I just want to be safe then sorry..If you know what I mean..

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts