Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased two new Honda timing belts from a distributer I trust and have purchased much from before.
The belts arrived in padded envelope USPS priority mail, I had expected a least a priority mail box. Alarmed after reading all the cautions about damage to belts; twisting, crimping, pinching etc.
Your opinins please before I call I give someone a piece of my mind!
Thanks,
Carl

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
We all have our own "level of comfort" so I'll never say you are too cautious... I would visually inspect the belts and if you see damage then I would call the vendor. It would seem to me that they probably have been shipping them like that and if they were receiving complaints they would change. JMHO.. Hope yours are okay..

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Carl, I'm not saying your being too cautious. Just keep in mind that you are talking about new belts. They were not twisted, pinched or crimped with any tension on them I assume. I think they would be fine seeing as they are new. This is just one ole fossil's opinion.

You would be the guy that has to live with them though so if you feel you need to vent than I suggest you do.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
mail

Was the priotiy envelope bent or deformed ? A bent corner is ok but crimped in the middle you would have cause for worrry. Other than that Id say the belts are fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts