Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
above 50 mph I'm unable to hear my radio in my helmet headset. I'm new to a helmet headset. Is this normal? My head set is from j&m and the helmet is a Schuberth. I'm still unable to hear with the volume up all the way. I'm not sure if it is just my hearing ( I'm over 60) or just to much road noise.

·
Super Moderator
11,511 Posts
Not to sound like a wise a**, but are you sure you have it set to the headset?

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
L, you may have already thought of this, but it was the first thing that came to my mind because it recently happened to me.

If you're on a GL1800, on your left hand controls, at bottom right is a push button mute switched. At some point, I unknowingly pushed it. Even with the switch in, at full volume I still got just enough sound to think the problem was in the headset. Check that switch.
If that's not it.......duh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved. I found the mute button. This is my first bike in 38 years...much to learn about it. This bike is a little different than the Goldwing I owned 38 years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Yeah, these 'Wings are very different than ANY bike ANY of us had 38 years ago. And we have members that have had at least two of each 'Wing generation and still learning. Its just part of the fun.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
yeah, I've done that several times during the past year, as I would suspect most of us have. if it happens again, remember to look at the display screen, as MUTE will be displayed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.