Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at a local powersport dealer and asked about LED headlights. The service manager has the same model and yr as mine and pulled his bike around to the front of the shop to show me his lighting mods. He suggested Electrical Connections as a vendor offering high quality products. I ordered headlights and love them! Just recently got their dual purpose running light/ turnsignal bulbs. With clear lens turn signal covers, I now have super bright running lights and turn signals.

1,319 Posts
SoCal motogear has some nice stuff, Clearwater lights has some equipment that I drool over. I’m not riding right now. 2+ feet of snow here. So I don’t have the contemplative urge to ad under-mirror lights to light up the night. And, being retired, I’m not so sure that I need to ride at night, on purpose anymore.

· Registered
119 Posts
I also made the move to replace my headlights with EC's LEDs. I haven't moved to exchange the turn signals with EC's LEDs yet but they are on my wish list in the future. I have left the rear lights original - I don't see the advantage of changing them since the OEMs are bright on all the early 1800's I follow. I did add the spoiler with LED lights which act as running, brake, and turn signals back in 2006.

The one thing that I don't understand is everyone wants to be seen but Honda's 2018+ all have less lighting on the rear of the bikes.

Oh yea, Welcome to the forum from the southeast tier of Pennsylvania.

· Registered
2012 comfort,navi,audio,XM/ 2002 1100 Shadow Spirit
1,873 Posts
I did the same thing. LED headlights and the switchback clear turn signals in the mirror housings. The bike already had Honda brand (I think) cowl lights. From the front view I have 6 bright lights lit all the time. My gorgeous wife says it looks like a space ship at night!

· Registered
11 Posts
Good afternoon, replacing the lights are not hard to do because you access them from the back in front of the left and right pockets, but it can be a little tight in you have large hands.
I replaced mine when the shelter top was off to replace the air filter, plus this makes it easier to get at the turn signal flasher for the led tail light leds.
And the lights are much brighter and whiter than the stock halogens. It is amazing how much better you will see at night with them and how much better oncoming traffic will see you in the daytime. Here is mine all lit up. :)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2,205 Posts
There are a couple of guys around are here that wear the orange reflective vests that road construct guys use when riding their scooters. Hopefully they are coming home from work.
cheaper than a new bike jacket
or
A friend always had one in both of his bikes, he said when he was on an Army base they were required no mater what else you were wearing

· Registered
2004 Black GL1800A
729 Posts
You’ve just given me an idea. I have a couple of mesh reflective safety vests that fold up small and light. I have one in my truck in case of emergency stopping on the highway. I’ll pack one on my bike now for the same reason. I’d like to be seen rather than hurt!

· Registered
748 Posts
You’ve just given me an idea. I have a couple of mesh reflective safety vests that fold up small and light. I have one in my truck in case of emergency stopping on the highway. I’ll pack one on my bike now for the same reason. I’d like to be seen rather than hurt!
"SMART" Better to look like a "bumble bee" and be seen, than, a cool look'n dude, and NOT be seen.........!!!
Ronnie
3/19/23

1 - 17 of 17 Posts