Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased new stereo earpieces from Big Ear. For my 2003 gl1800 goldwing. Standard J&m headgear and standard Honda Headsets have no problems. But the new earpieces have a loud (What I'm assuming) is alternator whine. Also If I'm using cruise control I get a beeping noise every time the cruise control activates.
Anybody out there have the same experience and possibly a fix ?
I'm no electronic genius so I need some help. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated These earpieces are great except for the noise. They weren't cheap either!!! Thanks in advance
Dangerous Dan.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
DD you could try the Electrical Connection noise filter, but darned if I know where you'd hook it in. Mine pluged ahead of the 12v acc plug in the fairing pocket. I got a nasty interference buzz on high beam in my XM Inno. fixed that right enough.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi cashcork, I had a whine at 2000 plus rpm in 4th gear. Got a noise filter from Sierra electronics in Ohio. Check out their website. The thing worked. I'm curious....cashcork ? How did that name come about ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi cashcork, I had a whine at 2000 plus rpm in 4th gear. Got a noise filter from Sierra electronics in Ohio. Check out their website. The thing worked. I'm curious....cashcork ? How did that name come about ?
Thanks for the info I'll check out Sierra tomorrow. Cashcork comes from back a few years when I used to work for NCR. Used to help people cork up their cash leaks with POS equipment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts