Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a 1500 and am looking to replace it with an 1800. What do all the letters behind the GL1800 mean? :eek:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Anti lock brakes, comfort package, etc. there are different levels of the GL 1800 depending on what they have on them, kind of like the Aspencade and SE GL1500.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Levels for GL1800 are

Model 1. (base) heated seats, grips and enhanced audio.
Model 2. everything on base plus Navigation.
Model 3. Same as model 2 with ABS.
Model 4. Everything on model 3 plus airbag.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Levels for GL1800 are

Model 1. (base) heated seats, grips and enhanced audio.
Model 2. everything on base plus Navigation.
Model 3. Same as model 2 with ABS.
Model 4. Everything on model 3 plus airbag.
Thank you. I just rode into the dealer and the salesman was not this helpful. I appreciate the response.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
welcome

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thank you. I just rode into the dealer and the salesman was not this helpful. I appreciate the response.

That would be that salemans last at bat with me. Your buying an expensive piece of equipment in a new Goldwing. You deserve more than being looked past due to lack of care or lack of product knowlege.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be that salemans last at bat with me. Your buying an expensive piece of equipment in a new Goldwing. You deserve more than being looked past due to lack of care or lack of product knowlege.
You got it!!! They do have a great service department though.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If you have a rotor cover, chances are you don't have ABS. The chrome covers aren't supposed to fit the ABS models. All ABS equipped Wings have an ABS insignia on the lower fork leg, and there is a small ring (approx 4" dia) that looks like a vented rotor that surrounds the axel inside the fork tube. There is also an ABS light on the lower left side of your instrument display that comes on when you start the bike; it shouts off at about 8mph if the system is working properly. If it stays on, there's a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts