Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, there are some Goldwing owners in Hawaii. Can't do heavy-duty touring on the island, but still a joy to ride. At least we can ride all year 'round. (Lived in Maryland for a few years, and I recall having to store my bike during the winter months.) Started riding motorcycles when I was 15 (I'm way past 40 yrs old now), and at age 18, I shipped my motorcycle to California, had a friend help me outfit the bike, and went on the road by myself. Traveled to Mexico, up the coast to Canada, down the Rockies to Texas, went east to Georgia, and returned back to California via the southern states.

I now own an 85 Goldwing Interstate here in Hawaii. I was very fortunate to have purchased it from someone who moved here from California. When I purchased it back in 2005, the odometer showed less than 30,000 miles. I hope to get a lot of information from this site. I'm also planning on making another cross-country jaunt in the very near future.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Welcome melhawaii, You came to the right place as far as info goes. We have a great group of people here with various inputs while respecting each other.

Now let me ask you a question, Is riding on the island sort of like the "European Vacation" movie, "Look kids Big Ben, Parliment" ?:D

Seriously though again welcome & I myself have a cross country trip in the spring. If you're interested search my posts I have a map there.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
melhawaii: It's a big place over there but we may have mutual friends. If you run across a boat mechanic named Dwayne Sawyer ask him if he ever got his Pan Head back together. His sister is married to Ramon Camarillo who is a world known potter in the art of " Raku ". That Goldwing must take up half the island.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF melhawaii

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the great welcome.

Chopin, I will keep an eye out for Dwayne.
Fosil, I am planning on starting in CA and touring the West Coast with may a "short" trip to Payson, AZ to visit my wife's grandma. Of course, might as well stop in Las Vegas.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome Melhawaii! I'm a recent participant to the group myself. My brother had a VTX 1800 that he sold to a guy in the islands, all the way from Illinois! I digress... Welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts