Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, help me look like a genius to my father-in-law. He installed a trunk lid organizer in his 2001 'Wing. Apparently it comes with screws of two different lengths and he inadvertently used a too-long screw. He began screwing it in and then realized he had almost screwed it through to the outside of the trunk lid. An oh-sh*t moment to be sure. He backed the screw out before it actuall went all the way through. Now he has a bump on the outside of the trunk lid.

Does anybody have any good ideas on smoothing that bump down without turning it into a big project, repainting,etc.?

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Hey, help me look like a genius to my father-in-law. He installed a trunk lid organizer in his 2001 'Wing. Apparently it comes with screws of two different lengths and he inadvertently used a too-long screw. He began screwing it in and then realized he had almost screwed it through to the outside of the trunk lid. An oh-sh*t moment to be sure. He backed the screw out before it actuall went all the way through. Now he has a bump on the outside of the trunk lid.

Does anybody have any good ideas on smoothing that bump down without turning it into a big project, repainting,etc.?
Interesting Wiz....
Met a fella at Deals Gap that drilled the wrong holes for a luggage rack. He used Dice valve stem covers to cover the holes. It was neat looking and unless you knew, you didn't kow.

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
Duct tape works well

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Super Moderator
12,304 Posts
Possibly heat it with a heat gun and carefully push the bumps down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts