Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am also a newbie to the forum as well as a new Wing rider. I've been riding for years and recently traded my Boulevard M109r in for a 2008 GW. I had to find a way to engage my wife or stop riding and she would not ride on the Boulevard with me (not a great 2-up bike). Anyway, the plan seems to be working. I made her very comfortable back there and she's even suggested a few trips of her own so far. BTW, I loved the M109r, but I'm not sorry for the trade. I LOVE the Wing; can't think of a thing so far I'm not happy with.
Anyway, we live in North Central Texas in a community called Robson Ranch about 6 miles south of Denton. If anyone is nearby and trying to plan a group ride, gimme a shout! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF muriuki

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on your new Wing. When the SO is happy, everybody is happy. Enjoy and ride safe..

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... Muriuki ... A Good Plan Is To Engage Your Wife On Any Xtra Chrome Or Lite Goodies You Might Want That Way She'll Feel That She Is Part Of The Bike ... Also -lonewolf- Is From Texas And A Few Others I Have Seen ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... Howdy ... Muriuki ... A Good Plan Is To Engage Your Wife On Any Xtra Chrome Or Lite Goodies You Might Want That Way She'll Feel That She Is Part Of The Bike ... Also -lonewolf- Is From Texas And A Few Others I Have Seen ... Happy Trails ...
An "egg-sellent" suggestion! Very good. Thanks.;)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Congrats an the new bike, I'm sure you both will love it and have many many happy miles on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome Denton TX Rider

I just got my GW on 9-26-09 and live in Oklahoma about 60 miles north of Oklahoma City. Home of Oklahoma State University. Hope we get together some time. I also have a new 2008 GW. Got a great deal for mine and the Honda store is great. Will Talk more I know.:)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
sharing the ride

For me its a big not. Wife will not go period. No to bugs rain dirt heat cold 18 wheelers gravel trucks period. So once she did agree to go. I took her on a gentle nice day 50 miler for breakfast on my 1800 wing. WE go to a resturant and eat up, coffee down and head back. Half way home I had a distinct thought - she sure is quiet back there. I turned to look and she was sound asleep. Well I'm sure she isn't in panic mode but still she wont go. Oh well, she lets me go so its ok. I d like it if she would go along though.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome Muriuki, I know I am one of the lucky ones. My wife will go with me, and we joined our club together (GWTA). This is now a social thing and she enjoys the bike and the few trips we have done on the bike. I've been riding for 10 years now, and she was not impressed when first started riding. It took baby steps for her to get use to the whole thing. I'm in retail without a whole lot of time off, so we can ride together and enjoy when I go riding. She also likes when we go with other couples so that might encourage your wife also.
BR

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bought my wing last AUGUST when the wife said we should get one of those. Even been to Florida on vacation on it. She loves it. Even firmly convinced LED lighting is a great safety feature. Now I'm really loving it.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.....Similar thing with the wife. Mine will tell me we should go for a weekender and take the bike. That gets a guaranteed yes from me. When the trip date comes up...She finds every reason why we have to drive the car. Killing Me

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Firstly welcome to the forum from Down Under. Secondly best of luck with two up winging. Eric

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Eric, does this car fixation of dear wifey have any thing to do with, rain, drizzle, hail, dust, bugs, hot, humid, deer, crosswind over 5 mph, or helmet hair? If so it sounds like my wife.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I don't know if the original poster got his wife to ride with him or not--just noticed he posted in 2009.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Yes willmax you're correct & the gentleman hasn't been active since 2009 either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.