Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - finally got my trike back from repairs! I bought "Gorgeous" in June from a good friend, who bought it a year ago this past September from someone else. My friend put some of the funds I gave him away in case something went sour - yeah, guess what - things went crazy for me - turns out the owner before my friend had the crankshaft welded (cheap fix) and I was the "lucky" one riding her when it cracked in half!!! Friend, true to his word, got his mechanic to do repair and now she rides like the beautiful gal she is! Fortunately, I was only practicing when the crankshaft let go! Still have not taken roadtest for my license endorsement, but think I'll be confident enough by the end of the month. I'm back and please wish me luck!:)

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
Sorry to hear you had problems with her. :(
I do wish you luck, but I don't think you'll need it, as I have confidence in you! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
gorgeous, tell us more about her. like what year, how many miles, and what color. how about a pic or two

·
Registered
258 Posts
I plan on "Triking" my Wing in the next few years if I'm still around to ride it. :) Don't really know which Trike manufacture to use? I visited Leahman's out in Spearfish, SD and was really impressed. Nice folks there, toured the assembly area and asked a lot of questions. However, at Americade in Lake George, NY this past June, I visited a few more vendors that specialized in Trike conversions. Will appreciate anyone who has gone the Trike route comments and ideas. Thanks!!
T-Rex

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Win NC

Probably rode by your neck of the woods many times. Enjoy the trike and the fall weather.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now you all can understand why I named her "Gorgeous" cause she just is!!! She's a 1999 1500SE with 35,000 miles and a Lehman conversion. I plan to ride her with the Patriot Guard Riders as soon as I get my endorsement. I'm out practicing every day.Thank you for having confidence in me!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Your trike looks great, very patriotic.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
That's a nice looking trike.

T-Rex,
Look into Roadsmith conversions.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Welcome back, again ! You did pull up camp for awhile and disappeared like a gypsy in the night. Now we know the reason. Thank you for posting in bold type print. Sure is easier to read.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Nice looking rig. Welcome to the Forum from Texas.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad you're up and running again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Two of my friends have Motortrike and the dealer I bought the bike from does Motortrike and California Sidecar conversions, they highly recommend Motortrike, which is what I plan to go to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts