Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Athens GWRRA

I lived in Horton a mile from Douglas school until a divorce ! I loved that area , spent 23 yrs. of my life there until the spouse found another man !!
Benny are you a member of the Athens GWRRRA???

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Benny are you a member of the Athens GWRRRA???
No i am not a member of the GWRRA ! I don't really care for the little red vest and badges ! lol We would rather just have someone like ourselves that enjoy riding to get together and do the day ride thing without the regimented club hoopla !! I guess to each his own ! I have never aspired to be crowned KING of the group or be married to the Queen , so we do our own thing ! I hope i didn't offend anyone , but the club is just not for us !!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Ok Alabama gang.....I live in the Falkville / Culman area. I use to live in Albertville...my kids went to school there. I have kin folk in Boaz. So I could be in any of those areas doing a ride. Watch for the RED GL 1500 with Roll Tide written on the rear trunk.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bamaeagle, I have taught school at Albertville for 16 years. May have had one of your children. Shoot me a message when your planning a ride.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Will do dirtdobber and Efinref.....I am out of the country working right now....I am in Africa.....I will be home in 10 days and then I have to work on the wing some.....Once I get it back together I will contact you guys for a ride.

·
Banned
3,210 Posts
No i am not a member of the GWRRA ! I don't really care for the little red vest and badges ! lol We would rather just have someone like ourselves that enjoy riding to get together and do the day ride thing without the regimented club hoopla !! I guess to each his own ! I have never aspired to be crowned KING of the group or be married to the Queen , so we do our own thing ! I hope i didn't offend anyone , but the club is just not for us !!
No offense taken. I had the same concerns (contempt prior to investigation) ....... as I went to my first state convention this past weekend and had a good time.

That ritual is not that big of the entire ordeal. You won't find me wearing any of that attire...... as I never dressed like a pirate when I rode a cruiser.

The main thing is that these people ride in group and they make contacts to ride outside of the group. A great bunch of people who just enjoy motorcycling.

Actually, I found the little funny uniforms a little refreshing. More than all of the pirates I have seen at other motorcycle gatherings.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just wondering how many of us on here are from Alabama.... My name is Phil and I got the Northeast Portion covered.
Phillip, nother Bama-Geezer checking in here from Smiths Station, AL (Southeast Central) on US 280/431 between Opelika & Phenix City. Is it Summer yet? Waiting for some warm weather to ride.:rolleyes:

Heard you enjoyed the Burger Run to Trenton, GA Saturday. Understand you rode with some of my friends. Hope to meet up with you in the near future.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hello Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
So your the Jim Jackson that stirred the mess I left on the porch.
Wow, you got them moving, I really appreciate it...We had a great time. I rode with the folks from N.
Maybe we will meet up in the future and I can thank you in person.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
So your the Jim Jackson that stirred the mess I left on the porch.
Wow, you got them moving, I really appreciate it...We had a great time. I rode with the folks from N.
Maybe we will meet up in the future and I can thank you in person.
:cool: Hey Phil, glad you had a cool time with the N-Group. They have some very nice folks in the N-Group. Sorry, your first encounter wasn't as pleasant as it should have been. I believe you hooked up with one of the........less social skilled person:rolleyes:. Glad you found the fun.:) I expect to be at the North AL Picnic Aug 13, if you attend........I look forward to pumping your paw.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I hope to attend. I will look you up if I do.

·
Premium Member
17,174 Posts
EFINREF; Check out the TEST post by Jim Jackson, he's from Smith Station Alabama.
You Alabama fellas will be catching up to them Texas Fellas soon.:rolleyes:
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wetumpka. Work in the Capitol City.
Welcome to Alabama...threw me with that BadgerFn...If you want to ride in the northern parts let me know.
Phil

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hello Steven...Welcome to the forum. Let us know what your riding. Some pics would be wonderful. This is an awesome forum...great folks and advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ride a 92 Aspencade. We got it in June of this year. We have not been on any long rides yet. I've put about 3,000 miles on it since we've had it. So far we just pick some place to go eat breakfast at on Saturday or Sunday mornings and make a ride out of it. Sorry but I do not know Terry Long.

21 - 40 of 195 Posts