Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you have the airwings and lowers. I just ordered a set from Wingstuff. Do they make a difference when riding in hot weather?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Not sure but I would like to know also. I find that I can keep myself warm on the wing in cold weather but it is very easy to overheat when the temp goes up. I'm sure you guys from the South can give us snow covered Canadians some good advice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the mirror wings, and the lowers. The mirror wings do an excellent job of keeping the wind and rain off my hands. That's what I bought them for. With the mirror wings open, they deflect a lot of air onto you.

The lowers do a great job of keeping us dryer, and again the larger panel does bring in alot of airflow. The smaller panel will bring in the hot air off the rads, when it's hot. Unfortunately, when it's cold, there is not much hot air coming off the rads.

Bottom line. I like them

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the mirror wings, and the lowers.
What are the mirror wings....do they attach to the mirrors or to the fairing....?

I have noticed on my 2010 GW that my hands feel more of the wind than on my '81 GW...so looking for something to help in that department.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mark, I called them mirror wings, I guess as per Hosepuller's link, they are actually called handwings, and fasten to the existing mirror hardward under the mirror. As mentioned they really keep the rain, and much of the wind off the hands.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Guys both work well. The hand wings do everthing that horgie says they do & the air wings work not only to direct air in on you when it's needed but keeps more off your passenger when it's not needed. Works well I would add them again to my bike in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like mine. I turn them in in the morning when its cool and it keeps wind off of you and as the day warms I turn them out and you get a nice breeze to keep the engine heat off of you. You'll enjoy them. Mine are on a 1500. I see you ordered for the 1800. Not sure if there is much difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts